Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Irving organization to pick the right tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Irving, Texas companies to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authorized remote workers to access IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for configuring routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes might require backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking service providers, choosing sensible service packages, and integrating redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the business PBX system to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can assist you to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support services for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help your company to tune these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that allows at-home workers to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, see planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-edit documents. Revisions created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers affordable online assistance for helping organizations to build, manage and optimize cohesive network models that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to guide you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help you to use GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online technical support specialists along with world-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to check or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and attachments. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced issues. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to expand your current Help Desk team by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a collective support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class technical support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Telecommuters often use their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can assist you to design, deploy and manage a modern security environment that guards vital data in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either block or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to identify new attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory software for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by network security experts with top certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your operations and policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage system failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a broad range of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often envision scenarios that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for protecting corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, visit Intune remote endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Irving, Texas organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.