Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Irving organization to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Irving, Texas organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for setting up routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical applications may require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the business PBX system to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or maintain a remote IP voice service that provides the versatility, convenience and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these products and
assist you to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that enables at-home workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit integration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-author files. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for helping businesses to build, maintain and optimize cohesive network architectures that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to guide you past tough technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A sudden, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or expand their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or update the status of their active tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex problems. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables you to expand your current Support Desk staff by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center support services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collective support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Remote workers commonly use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can help your company to design, implement and manage a compliant security environment that guards critical information in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices utilized by telecommuters and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to identify zero-day threats on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by security professionals with advanced certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, human mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically anticipate circumstances that call for a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for protecting critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, visit Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Irving, Texas company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.