Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Corpus Christi organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Corpus Christi, Texas businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Vital applications may demand backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the business phone system to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the versatility, transparency and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can assist your company to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that enables at-home workforce to see and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to jointly author documents. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and optimize cohesive network models that combine internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Office applications and services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to guide you past tough technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-availability network model so your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to use GCP's management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which could be driven by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from service requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or update the status of their active trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows your company to supplement your existing Help Desk Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers commonly use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can help you to plan, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that safeguards sensitive information in networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and control different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, see firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by telecommuters and either reject or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory software for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by network security experts with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your workflows and policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage problems due to equipment breakdowns, software glitches, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote help from experts familiar with a wide range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly anticipate circumstances that require a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist you to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for protecting critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune teleworker device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Corpus Christi, Texas organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.