Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Fort Lauderdale company to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Fort Lauderdale, Florida businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for integrating home routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes might require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the company phone environment to include telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that provides the versatility, convenience and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and provide online configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build secure web portals that enables at-home workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, visit planning and configuration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them safely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-edit documents. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced remote assistance for helping organizations to build, maintain and optimize integrated network models that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, and public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you through challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline identity control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist you to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online technical support specialists along with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or revise the status of their active tickets, add information, and append screenshots or relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to augment your current Help Desk team by splitting delivery of Call Desk support seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a collective support model utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
At-home workers often run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your business to plan, implement and manage a modern security solution that safeguards critical data in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by at-home workers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to identify zero-day threats at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and local security attacks for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital information in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage failures due to equipment issues, programming glitches, human mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate circumstances that require a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for safeguarding critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Fort Lauderdale, Florida company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.