Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Houston organization to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Houston, Texas businesses to with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Houston, Texas company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.