Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Chicago company to select the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Chicago, Illinois companies to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you have to manage a mix of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated remote workers to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for setting up home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical applications may demand redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting ISPs, selecting sensible service offerings, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Chicago, Illinois business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.