Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Milwaukee company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Milwaukee, Wisconsin companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for configuring home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications might require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, picking appropriate service bundles, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the company phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote IP voice environment that provides the versatility, convenience and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and provide as-needed deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that enables at-home workers to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to planning and configuration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them safely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-author documents. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for helping businesses to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online access to consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you through challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your business to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A sudden, company-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online IT support specialists along with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from service requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to check or update their current tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced issues. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows your company to augment your current Support Desk team by sharing delivery of Call Center support services transparently between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one PSA tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist you to design, implement and administer a compliant security solution that guards sensitive data in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers utilized by teleworkers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to identify new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and internal security threats for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your processes and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, user mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote help from experts knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate scenarios that call for a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Milwaukee, Wisconsin company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.