Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Oakland organization to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Oakland, California organizations to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly complex if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy and current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote consulting for integrating home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput as well as security issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical applications may demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to accommodate remote users is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, refer to CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of video conferencing products from leading vendors support online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich environment of applications that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that enables remote workers to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author files. Edits made offline are uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for helping organizations to build, maintain and repair cohesive network architectures that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure access to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help you to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from help requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to track or edit their active tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your current Call Desk staff by sharing delivery of Call Center support transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support model based on the leading PSA platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver world-class desktop support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Teleworkers often use their personal equipment and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can assist your organization to plan, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards vital information in IT networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either block or spot and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning to identify zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by network security professionals with advanced certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your operations and policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage system problems due to equipment issues, software hiccups, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to experts familiar with a wide range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision circumstances that call for a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can assist you to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for protecting corporate information by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For details about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, visit Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Oakland, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.