Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Appleton organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Appleton, Wisconsin organizations to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online support for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications may require redundant Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Appleton, Wisconsin company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.