Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Fort Collins company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Fort Collins, Colorado organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy and current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for configuring routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Vital applications might demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Fort Collins, Colorado business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.