Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Lynnwood organization to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Lynnwood, Washington organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for setting up routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Vital applications may require backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, picking sensible service bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Lynnwood, Washington organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.