Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to design, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Addison company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Addison, Texas businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated as well as current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for configuring home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes may require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting ISPs, selecting appropriate service offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the business phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to help organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist your company to tune these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that enables at-home workforce to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them safely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable online support for helping organizations to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected access to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to get you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your business to use GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your GCP environment. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, company-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which might be the result of a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from help requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or update the status of their active tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to augment your existing Support Desk staff by splitting delivery of Help Desk support services transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a collective support solution based on the number one PSA platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Remote workers often use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your business to plan, implement and manage a compliant security environment that protects sensitive information in networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control different access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and older security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices used by at-home workers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to detect new attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your operations and governance policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures due to equipment issues, software hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for teleworkers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that require a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for protecting corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your telecommuters, see Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Addison, Texas organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.