Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Minneapolis company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Minneapolis, Minnesota businesses to with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to create a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for deploying home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical applications might require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate phone system to include remote users is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the versatility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN architecture to support these solutions and provide on-demand configuration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can access them safely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced online assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branches, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy remote contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to guide you through challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist you to use GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A sudden, organization-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which could be the result of a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive team of online IT support specialists along with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or edit their current tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables you to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk support services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution based on the number one professional services automation platform for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide world-class desktop support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Remote workers often run their personal computers and work in an unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your organization to plan, implement and manage a modern security solution that protects vital information in networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are offline. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your operations and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to design top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage system failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online help from consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for protecting critical data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, see Intune teleworker endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Minneapolis, Minnesota business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.