Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Minneapolis company to select the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Minneapolis, Minnesota organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must manage a combination of personal hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote workers to access IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by delivering services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Line-of-business applications might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the company PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and provide online configuration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that permits remote workers to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them securely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for enabling organizations to build, manage and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, and cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure access to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, refer to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to guide you through tough IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist you to use GCP's management technology to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A rapid, company-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which might be activated by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts along with world-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or revise their current tickets, enter information, and append screenshots or attachments. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced problems. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to expand your current Help Desk Call Center organization by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk support seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Telecommuters commonly run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for judicious use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your business to design, implement and manage a compliant security environment that guards vital data in IT networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to detect new threats at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the infected endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your processes and governance policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage problems due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision scenarios that require a quick switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for safeguarding corporate information by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Minneapolis, Minnesota business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.