Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Mobile organization to select the right tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Mobile, Alabama organizations to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated as well as current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for configuring routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical applications might require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful environment of applications that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can assist businesses to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that allows remote workers to see and update consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to create, maintain and optimize cohesive hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and easy remote access to consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you past tough technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-availability network architecture so your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a popular set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your business to use GCP's management tools to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A fast, organization-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from help requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or update their current trouble tickets, add details, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables you to expand your current Call Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk support seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a collaborative support model utilizing the leading PSA tool for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Teleworkers commonly run their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your business to plan, implement and administer a compliant security environment that protects critical information in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and control different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, see firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices utilized by teleworkers and either reject or spot and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify new threats on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and internal security attacks for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory software for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to implement top-level security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage system failures resulting from hardware issues, software glitches, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly anticipate circumstances that require a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help your company to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding corporate data by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, refer to Intune teleworker device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Mobile, Alabama business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.