Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Ontario company to pick the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Ontario, California organizations to with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you must manage a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated and modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote support for integrating routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Vital processes might demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that provides the versatility, convenience and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure portals that permits remote workers to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them safely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for helping organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that include physical data centers, remote workers, branches, and cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you through tough technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud is a leading set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your GCP environment. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A rapid, company-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online IT support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or revise their current tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced problems. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to expand your existing Call Desk organization by sharing delivery of Help Desk support transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the number one PSA platform for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Remote workers often run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and demands careful use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist you to plan, implement and manage a compliant security environment that guards sensitive information in IT networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and control different access rights to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers used by remote workers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and internal security attacks for a network that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your processes and policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital data so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, human mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from experts familiar with a broad array of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate scenarios that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for protecting critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Ontario, California company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.