Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Ontario company to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Ontario, California companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for integrating home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical processes might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the company phone environment to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or maintain a remote IP voice service that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to support these solutions and provide on-demand configuration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that permits remote workers to see and edit consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to deployment consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-edit files. Edits made offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced remote support for helping organizations to create, manage and repair cohesive network models that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to guide you through challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management technology to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or update their current tickets, add details, and append screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your current Call Center team by splitting delivery of Help Desk services transparently between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class IT support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly run their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your company to design, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that protects critical information in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control different access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your workflows and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage system failures due to equipment issues, software glitches, user error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision circumstances that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for safeguarding critical information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Ontario, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.