Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Winston-Salem company to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Winston-Salem, North Carolina businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Winston-Salem, North Carolina business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.