Virtual Training for Desktop Applications
Progent's live online training classes for desktop applications and operating systems include Microsoft Office and Office 365 Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Publisher, Visio, plus Dynamics GP/Great Plains, Photoshop, and Crystal Reports. Live online learning offers the advantages of traditional classroom seminars, including interaction between students and teachers, but eliminates the cost of travel and the logistical hassle of attempting to accommodate the schedules of multiple workers.
Available to individuals or groups of any size, Progent's virtual training allows the instructors to manage the seminar remotely while the students can be dispersed across a campus or throughout the country. All that is required for each student is an Internet connection, a phone, and a computer with a web browser. Progent's webinar technology requires minimal setup and supports powerful teaching tools such as broadcast white boards, virtual hand raising, and shared application control. Teachers and students can work through problems one-on-one or as a class, and the trainer can answer follow-up questions via email.
Special Features of Progent's Webinars
Many of the tools and techniques used in traditional classrooms are now available in virtual seminar environments. This makes remote training more efficient and allows Progent's instructors to be more responsive to the needs of the students. Powerful pedagogic tools utilized by Progent's trainers include:
Advantages of Progent's Webinar Training
- Virtual Hand Raising: Students can ask questions at any time during a training session to request the instructors to clarify an issue or dig deeper into a topic. This virtual hand raising capability allows Progent's trainers to modulate the pace and adjust the content of a seminar to align with each student's knowledge and objectives.
- Broadcast Whiteboard: Prewritten slides can be displayed through an electronic white board utility that permits students and trainers to make notes or stress key points. Students can archive and print the annotated slides for later reference or to pass on what they have learned to co-workers.
- Shared Application Control: Progent's instructors can explain how applications work by taking over the screen, mouse, and keyboard, effectively taking students by the hand and leading them through various operations.
- Follow-up Help: After a virtual training class, Progent's instructors are optionally available for email-based questions and answers to clarify course material and assist with real-world application of training material.
Live online training brings your employees up to speed on critical business applications quickly, conveniently, and affordably. Major advantages of virtual training include:
Progent's virtual training classes have been refined to deal efficiently with a broad range of popular topics at the beginner, intermediate, and advanced level. If you need a virtual training curriculum for a special or if you have developed custom software for which you need a training solution, Progent can create virtual training packages to meet your requirements.
- Nationwide Access: Virtual training makes it fast and easy to pool your personnel from many locations and to include mobile workers and telecommuters. Webinars let you leverage a single training session to benefit many employees while introducing less disruption to your company's ordinary workflow.
- Cost Effectiveness: Virtual training avoids the substantial direct costs of travel for students and instructors. In addition, the lost productivity of student/workers is radically reduced by being limited to the length of the class itself. The elimination of travel time also makes it easier to accommodate more schedules, so you can save money by training a larger number of people with fewer classes.
- Flexibility: Progent can tailor virtual classes to meet your specific needs. For example, you may want a large group to attend a generic class such as Excel 2016 or Office 365 Excel for Beginners, whereas you may also want a smaller group to attend a customized interactive seminar on how Excel Pivot Tables can be used to give management a better understanding of your business.
- Convenience: By removing the need to struggle with travel logistics, virtual training supports a strategy of selecting short, frequent, task-specific trainings sessions rather than mandating a one-size-fits all marathon class that offers a little information for everyone but not enough for anyone.
Some Popular Topics for Progent's Virtual Classrooms
Progent's online training classes cover the most popular desktop applications and operating systems and can also be customized for your particular requirements. Some of Progent's most popular online seminar topics include:
Custom Online Classes for Special Applications
- Collaborating with Office 365 Word and Excel
- Customized Excel classes designed to cover line-of-business applications
- A project development workshop consisting of a series of weekly seminars focused on building a practical business application with Microsoft Access. Students perform the project design and programming under the guidance of the instructor, who provides whatever assistance is required depending on the skill level of the students. Students learn how to plan and carry out a database project from scratch and learn design principles applicable to future projects. By allowing time between classes rather than having a single lengthy class, students have time to work at their own pace, digest what they have learned, and absorb more information at each consecutive class.
- Single-day seminars for specialists include Advanced Word Documents, Excel and Power BI, and Using Microsoft Outlook for Time Management.
In the case of custom topics for which no webinar class material has yet been created, such as a proprietary application your company has developed, Progent can create course material for a custom seminar you can use to train your workers efficiently.
Download Progent's Datasheet on Virtual Classrooms for Desktop Applications
To download a printable datasheet on Progent's desktop application webinars, click:
Datasheet for Progent's Online Training for Desktop Applications