Microsoft Windows 11 is essentially a major update to Windows 10 and not a radically new OS. Enhancements are concentrated on promoting efficiency by providing the user with a personalized interface with convenient access to commonly used applications and frequently requested information. A signature example is Windows 11's new Start menu, which permits users to pin and organize icons for your most task-relevant apps so you can immediately get on with the job.
The Windows 11 Start menu allows end users to organize and launch their preferred collection of apps
Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can assist your organization to confirm the compatibility and performance of Windows 11 running your key applications and services so you can determine the benefits to your company of migrating to Windows 11. Migration help available from Progent remotely or onsite include return-on-investment projections, test lab planning, hybrid cloud integration, mobile access, cybersecurity guidance, telecommuting solutions, management planning and automation, network design, Wi-Fi setup, patch management, business continuity planning, training for IT staff and users, Call Desk outsourcing, and ongoing technical support.
Progent is unusual for the ability to deliver high-level guidance for Microsoft technology with little delay. Progent can provide occasional help to resolve persistent technical road blocks or comprehensive project management support to make sure you complete major Windows 11 projects on schedule and on budget.
New Features of Microsoft Windows 11
Microsoft Windows 11 modernizes its GUI across hardware devices, allows greater desktop customization, includes popular applications that before had to be downloaded, offers native ability to run Android apps, and revives support for Widgets for real-time data feeds.
New features to Windows 11 include:
Progent's Microsoft-certified consulting experts can help businesses of any size to integrate Windows 11 endpoints into their information network to drive the business value of Windows 11's improved features.
- The revamped Start Menu is the most obvious innovation of Windows 11, taking the place of the earlier space-hungry version with a compact, centered control panel that starts out containing a selection of application icons and can be quickly personalized to include the end user's favorite programs.
- A personal release of Microsoft Teams is built into Windows 11 and is accessible from the Windows taskbar. With this trimmed-down edition of Teams, you can instantly call, chat, text, or make a video/voice call with acquaintances in your contacts.
- Snap Layouts provide a new mechanism for arranging windows into specific zones within layout templates on the Microsoft Windows 11 desktop. Hovering on a window's maximize button displays a menu of available layouts. Choosing a zone within a layout "snaps" the desired window into that zone. Snap Assist allows you to fill your chosen layout with additional windows. You can save completed Snap Layouts in Snap Groups accessible from the taskbar.
Snap Layouts allow you to arrange personalized windows
- The pre-installed Power Automate desktop workflow designer is a robotic process automation (RPA) utility that allows users to create workflows to perform repetitive desktop procedures. Power Automate permits you to use pre-made or custom recorder flows and can interact with common apps such as email, Excel, websites, and files. Microsoft's Power Automate is intended as a substitute for older automation platforms such as Windows recorder (V1) and Selenium IDE.
- Virtual Desktops permit you to build a variety of personalized desktops that each show apps associated with specific activities and workflows such as financials, sports, or investing. Users can create virtual desktops and jump to them using the Task view icon on the Windows 11 taskbar.
Virtual desktops enable you to design personalized desktops for distinct types of activities
- Windows 11 reintroduces Widgets, which efficiently display up-to-date data generated by various apps and services. This information can consist of weather, traffic, entertainment, equity prices, calendar, and other fast-changing data. Users can supplement|, delete, organize, resize, and personalize widgets according to their own interests and work environment. Each user's newsfeeds are tuned based on AI but users can select themes and publishers.
Widgets deliver realtime info on user-specified themes like weather, traffic, stocks, and calendar
- Android Apps work natively on Windows 11. The Windows Subsystem for Android allows a Windows 11 PC to host mobile apps from the Amazon Appstore. These apps can use cellular data if your Windows 11 computer supports a cellular connection and you subscribe to a data plan with a cellular service company.
- TCP WAN performance for fast networks is increased by the incorporation of the TCP HyStart++ and RACK-TLP algorithms in the Windows 11 transport protocol. HyStart++ cuts down connection latency during start-up and RACK-TLP minimizes Retransmit TimeOuts (RTOs).
Progent's Windows 11 Upgrade Support
Microsoft Windows 11 will not run with outdated CPUs or PCs that do not include Trusted Platform Module (TPM) v. 2.0. hardware. For in-place upgrades to Windows 11, gen 2 VMs need to have at least two virtual processors, meet host CPU requirements, and have virtual TPM enabled. You cannot perform in-place migrations of generation 1 VMs to Windows 11. For comjpliant PCs, you can install Windows 11 as an upgrade to Microsoft Windows 10 via standard utilities like Windows Autopilot, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), and Configuration Manager. For PCs running Windows 8, you first need to implement the free upgrade to Microsoft Windows 10.
Because Windows 10 and Windows 11 can share a network, you can roll out Windows 11 at your own pace. You can run the identical tools and perform the same workflows to administer both operating systems. You can monitor endpoints, confirm app support, and automate Windows 11 deployments with the same tools you use for Windows 10. This capability to support a unified management environment simplifies Windows 11 upgrades. Progent can assist your organization to design and carry out a Microsoft Windows 11 migration that makes full use of your current IT resources including PCs, utilities, applications, services, and infrastructure.
Progent's experts can provide these services to make sure you adhere to leading practices for each stage of your Microsoft Windows 11 upgrade:
Progent's consultants can show you how to deploy and optimize Windows 11 PCs in hybrid environments that incorporate on-premises, cloud-based, mobile, and work-from-home assets. Progent can provide quick online support from subject matter specialists who can assist you to resolve occasional IT roadblocks and Progent also can provide project management and co-management expertise to ensure your Windows 11 migration initiative is finished on time and on budget.
- Design a staged implementation strategy that starts with developers, proceeds to piloting, and culminates in widespread deployment
- Establish standards for preparedness to proceed to the next rollout stage
- Assess rollout utilities and verify your migration strategy is supported by your infrastructure, intended configurations, and policies
- Determine which applications will work as-is, which need patching, and which should be replaced
- Design a continuing endpoint management strategy
Progent's Other Consulting Services for Microsoft Windows 11
Progent can provide a variety of outsourcing services intended to help organizations of all sizes to design, implement, administer, and troubleshoot hybrid networks that include PCs and notebooks running Windows 11. Progent's Technical Response Center can serve as a temporary and seamless supplement to your internal Call Center to provide online help from Microsoft-certified consultants to deal with the first influx of service requests you may face as you migrate to Windows 11. Common issues may involve areas such as application or peripheral driver compatibility, remote connectivity, or cybersecurity.
Progent's PC management experts and Windows 10 experts can streamline the management of your Windows 11 endpoints by configuring efficient tools for typical tasks like update management services, managing software licensing, checking utilization and performance, and guarding against cyber attacks. Progent's mobile communications experts can help you create a cohesive BYOD environment for your smartphone and tablet clients by providing services like iPhone and iPad integration and Android integration expertise. Progent's Wi-Fi integration specialists can help you to configure both permanent and ad-hoc Wi-Fi infrastructure for any venue such as corporate headquarters, branches, home offices, and conference facilities.
Progent's certified network security experts can help your organization to plan, implement, and validate an IT security strategy that marshals the modern cybersecurity features of Microsoft Windows 11. Progent has developed a variety of affordable network security vulnerability assessment services to evaluate the security profile of desktops, notebooks, and tablets running Microsoft Windows 11. For continual network threat defense and maximum uptime, Progent offers the ProSight library of network management services which include of a variety of 24x7 online network monitoring services such as Progent's ProSight LAN Watch server and endpoint management services and ProSight WAN Watch ITinfrastructure monitoring powered by modern Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) software. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE network infrastructure experts can help you benefit from the latest remote connectivity features of Windows 11 and can help you build a unified communications solution that supports a BYOD environment and delivers speed, modern cybersecurity, and maximum uptime.
To enhance manageability, security, economy, and uptime for Windows 11 PCs, Progent's Hyper-V virtual client consultants can show you how to implement and use the Client Hyper-V feature incorporated into Microsoft Windows 11.
Contact Progent to Learn More About Planning and Upgrade Services for Microsoft Windows 11
To learn more about ways Progent's consultants can assist you to assess or migrate to Windows 11, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.