Windows 11 is essentially a heavy revamp for Windows 10 rather than a radically new client operating system. Changes focus on promoting productivity by providing the user with an easy-to-customize environment with convenient access to frequently used apps and commonly requested information. A marquee example is Windows 11's redesigned Start menu, which allows you to pin and arrange icons for your favorite apps so you can immediately get down to business.
The new Windows 11 Start menu permits users to arrange and launch their favorite set of apps
Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can assist your company to verify the compatibility of Windows 11 powering your critical workloads so you can determine the benefits to your company of migrating to Windows 11. Migration support available from Progent remotely or on premises include ROI projections, pilot system design, hybrid cloud architecture, mobile connectivity, security and compliance consulting, telecommuting solutions, management planning, network design, Wi-Fi configuration, patch management, disaster recovery planning, education for IT staff and end users, Call Desk outsourcing, and ongoing technical assistance.
Progent stands out for being able to provide advanced guidance for Microsoft Windows 11 with little delay. Progent offers on-demand help to resolve stubborn IT road blocks or comprehensive project management and co-management support to help you complete major Windows 11 projects on time and on budget.
New and Enhanced Features of Microsoft Windows 11
Windows 11 revamps its user interface across hardware devices, allows greater desktop customization, integrates important applications that before had to be manually downloaded, features native ability to run Android software, and revives support for Widgets for live data feeds.
New features to Microsoft Windows 11 include:
Progent's Microsoft-certified Windows experts can assist organizations of any size to integrate Windows 11 clients into their IT network to maximize the business value of Windows 11's new and enhanced capabilities.
- The updated Start Menu is the most obvious new feature of Windows 11, taking the place of the earlier space-hungry tool with a compact, center-stage control panel that ships populated with a selection of app icons and can be quickly customized to include the end user's favorite set of programs.
- A simplified version of Microsoft Teams is built into Windows 11 and is accessible from the taskbar. With this trimmed-down version of Teams, you can immediately call, chat, text, or initiate a video or voice call with acquaintances in your contacts.
- Snap Layouts provide an advanced tool for organizing windows into specific zones inside layout templates on the Microsoft Windows 11 desktop. Hovering over a window's maximize button displays a menu of available layouts. Clicking on a zone in a layout "snaps" the selected window into that zone. Snap Assist permits you to fill your selected layout template with more windows. You can save your Snap Layouts in Snap Groups accessible from the Windows 11 taskbar.
Snap Layouts allow you to organize personalized windows
- The pre-installed Power Automate desktop flow designer is a robotic process automation (RPA) tool that allows users to create time-saving workflows to perform tedious manual desktop procedures. Power Automate lets you use built-in or custom workflows and can interact with popular applications including email, Excel, websites, and files. Microsoft's Power Automate is intended as a substitute for older automation platforms like Windows recorder (V1) and Selenium IDE.
- Virtual Desktops permit you to build a variety of personalized desktops that each show applications associated with specific activities and workflows such as financials, sports, or investing. You can develop virtual desktops and switch to them from the Task view icon on the Windows 11 taskbar.
Virtual desktops allow you to design personalized desktops for distinct types of activities
- Microsoft Windows 11 revives Widgets, which efficiently present current data delivered by various services. This information can include weather, traffic, entertainment, equity prices, calendar, and other fast-changing data. Users can add|, remove, arrange, resize, and personalize widgets based on their own preferences and work environment. Each user's newsfeeds are optimized automatically but users can specify topics and sources.
Widgets deliver realtime data on user-specified themes such as weather, news, stocks, and calendar
- Android Apps work natively on Windows 11. Microsoft's new Windows Subsystem for Android allows a Windows 11 PC to host Android apps from the Amazon Appstore. Installed apps can use cellular data if your Windows 11 computer has cellular access and you have a data plan with a cellular service provider.
- TCP WAN speed for fast networks is enhanced by the inclusion of the TCP HyStart++ and RACK-TLP algorithms in the Windows 11 transport stack. HyStart++ reduces connection latency during start-up and RACK-TLP reduces Retransmit TimeOuts.
Progent's Windows 11 Upgrade Services
Windows 11 will not run with older model CPUs or ones that do not have Trusted Platform Module version 2.0. hardware. For in-place migrations to Windows 11, gen 2 VMs need to have at least two virtual processors, meet host processor prerequisites, and have virtual TPM enabled. You cannot perform in-place migrations of existing generation 1 virtual machines to Windows 11. For eligible PCs, you can deploy Windows 11 as an upgrade to Windows 10 via standard utilities such as Windows Autopilot, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and Configuration Manager. For devices powered by Windows 8, you must first run the no-cost update to Microsoft Windows 10.
Since Windows 10 and Windows 11 can share a network, you can deploy Windows 11 at your own pace. You can use the identical utilities and follow the same processes to manage both types of clients. You can monitor endpoints, confirm application compatibility, and automate Windows 11 installations with the same software you use with Windows 10. This capability to build a consistent management environment facilitates Windows 11 upgrades. Progent can assist your organization to plan and implement a Microsoft Windows 11 upgrade that makes full use of your current IT assets including PCs, utilities, apps, services, and network infrastructure.
Progent's experts can deliver these services to help you adhere to best practices for each stage of your Windows 11 upgrade:
Progent's consultants can help you integrate and optimize Windows 11 clients in hybrid network models that combine on-premises, cloud-based, mobile, and at-home assets. Progent offers quick remote access to experts who can help you to resolve occasional technical bottlenecks and Progent also can provide project management services to ensure your Windows 11 upgrade initiative is finished on time and on budget.
- Design a staged implementation plan that starts with developers, proceeds to piloting, and ends with broad uptake
- Define criteria for preparedness to proceed to the next deployment stage
- Assess deployment utilities and make sure your migration strategy is accommodated by your network infrastructure, intended configurations, and policies
- Determine which apps will run unmodified, which require patching, and which should be replaced
- Create a continuing endpoint management strategy
Other Consulting Support Services for Windows 11
Progent can provide a range of outsourcing and co-sourcing services intended to assist businesses of any size to plan, deploy, administer, and maintain hybrid networks that incorporate desktops and notebooks powered by Microsoft Windows 11. Progent's Technical Response Center can act as a temporary and seamless extension of your internal Call Center to deliver online assistance from Microsoft-certified consultants to deal with the first influx of support requests you may face as you migrate to Windows 11. Typical questions may be associated with areas such as app or peripheral driver compatibility, remote connectivity, or cybersecurity.
Progent's desktop management experts and Windows 10 experts can simplify the management of your Windows 11 devices by identifying efficient tools for common jobs such as patch management services, keeping track of licensing, checking utilization and throughput, and guarding against cyber attacks. Progent's mobile communications consultants can assist you to create a centrally managed BYOD environment for your mobile endpoint users by delivering services such as Apple iOS integration and Google Android integration consulting. Progent's Wi-Fi configuration consultants can help you to set up both permanent and ad-hoc Wi-Fi infrastructure for any site including corporate headquarters, branches, home offices, and conference facilities.
Progent's certified cybersecurity experts can assist your business to plan, implement, and validate an IT security strategy that marshals the modern cybersecurity features of Microsoft Windows 11. Progent has created a variety of economical cybersecurity assessment services to evaluate the security profile of desktops, notebooks, and tablets powered by Windows 11. For continual network threat defense and maximum availability, Progent offers the ProSight library of remote network management services which include of a variety of 24x7 online network monitoring services including Progent's ProSight LAN Watch server and endpoint management services and ProSight WAN Watch networkinfrastructure monitoring powered by advanced Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) software. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE network infrastructure specialists can assist you to take advantage of the latest remote access technology of Microsoft Windows 11 and can help you build a centralized communications solution that facilitates a BYOD environment and delivers speed, advanced threat protection, and high availability.
To improve manageability, security, affordability, and uptime for Windows 11 endpoints, Progent's Hyper-V virtual client consultants can show you how to deploy the Client Hyper-V capability included with Microsoft Windows 11.
Contact Progent to Learn More About System Design and Upgrade Services for Microsoft Windows 11
To find out more about ways Progent's experts can help you to assess or upgrade to Windows 11, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.