Microsoft Windows 11 is essentially a major update to Microsoft Windows 10 and not a dramatically new client operating system. Enhancements focus on promoting productivity by providing the end user with an easy-to-customize environment with faster access to commonly used applications and frequently requested information. A marquee example is the redesigned Start menu, which allows you to pin and arrange icons for your most task-relevant applications so you can immediately get to work.
The Windows 11 Start menu allows users to organize and launch their favorite collection of apps
Progent's Microsoft-certified experts can assist your company to confirm the compatibility and performance of Windows 11 running your critical applications and services so you can assess the benefits to your company of migrating to Microsoft Windows 11. Migration support available from Progent remotely or onsite include return-on-investment analysis, pilot lab planning, hybrid cloud architecture, mobile access, security and compliance guidance, work-from-home solutions, management automation, network infrastructure design, Wi-Fi setup, patch management, business continuity preparedness, training for IT personnel and users, Call Desk outsourcing, and post-migration technical support.
Progent stands out for being able to deliver advanced guidance for Windows 11 on short notice. Progent can provide as-needed help to get you through persistent technical obstacles or end-to-end project management support to help you complete major Windows 11 projects on schedule and on budget.
Enhancements to Microsoft Windows 11
Microsoft Windows 11 revamps its user interface across hardware platforms, allows greater desktop customization, includes important apps that before had to be downloaded, features native ability to run Android software, and provides support for Widgets for real-time data feeds.
New features to Windows 11 include:
Progent's Microsoft-certified Windows experts can assist businesses of any size to integrate Windows 11 devices into their information network to drive the business advantage of Windows 11's new and enhanced capabilities.
- The revamped Start Menu is the most obvious innovation of Microsoft Windows 11, replacing the earlier space-hungry tool with a smaller, center-stage window that starts out containing a selection of app icons and can be quickly personalized to display the end user's preferred set of programs.
- A simplified version of Microsoft Teams is integrated into Windows 11 and is accessible from the Windows taskbar. With this entry-level edition of Teams, you can instantly phone, chat, message, or make a video/voice call with people in your contacts list.
- Snap Layouts provide a new mechanism for arranging windows into selected zones inside predefined layouts on the Microsoft Windows 11 desktop. Pausing over a window's maximize button shows a collection of available layouts. Choosing a zone in a layout "snaps" the desired window into that zone. Snap Assist allows you to fill your chosen layout with additional windows. You can store your Snap Layouts in Snap Groups which can be accessed from the Windows 11 taskbar.
Snap Layouts allow you to arrange customized windows
- The included Power Automate desktop workflow designer is a robotic process automation (RPA) tool that enables non-experts to create time-saving workflows for automating tedious manual desktop procedures. Power Automate lets you utilize pre-made or custom workflows and can interact with common applications including email, Excel, websites, and files. Power Automate is designed to replace older RPA tools such as Windows recorder (V1).
- Virtual Desktops allow you to design multiple custom desktops that each show applications related to certain activities and processes like financials, entertainment, or investing. You can create virtual desktops and select them using the Task view icon on the Microsoft Windows 11 taskbar.
Virtual desktops allow you to design personalized desktops for different types of activities
- Windows 11 revives Widgets, which efficiently display real-time data generated by various services. Widget information can include local weather, news, entertainment, stocks, To-Do tasks, and other fast-changing data. Windows 11 users can supplement|, remove, organize, size, and customize widgets based on their personal preferences and work circumstances. Each user's newsfeeds are tuned automatically but you can select themes and sources.
Widgets provide up-to-date info on user-specified topics like weather, traffic, entertainment, and To-Do tasks
- Android Apps work natively on Windows 11. The new Windows Subsystem for Android enables a Windows 11 PC to host mobile apps from the Amazon Appstore. These apps can access cellular data if your Windows 11 PC supports a cellular connection and you subscribe to a data plan with a mobile service provider.
- TCP WAN performance for fast networks is enhanced by the incorporation of the TCP HyStart++ and RACK-TLP algorithmic improvements in the Microsoft Windows 11 transport protocol. HyStart++ reduces packet loss during connection start-up and RACK-TLP minimizes Retransmit TimeOuts.
Windows 11 Upgrade Services
Windows 11 will not run with outdated CPUs or ones that do not have Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0. hardware. For in-place migrations to Windows 11, generation 2 virtual machines must have at least two virtual processors, comply with host processor prerequisites, and have virtual TPM enabled. You cannot make in-place migrations of generation 1 VMs to Microsoft Windows 11. For comjpliant devices, you can install Windows 11 as an upgrade to Microsoft Windows 10 via familiar utilities such as Windows Autopilot, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), and Configuration Manager. For devices powered by Windows 8, you must first implement the no-cost upgrade to Windows 10.
Because Windows 10 and Windows 11 can share a network, you can deploy Windows 11 at your own pace. You can run the same utilities and follow the same workflows to manage both types of clients. You can monitor endpoints, verify application support, and streamline Windows 11 deployments with the same software you use for Windows 10. This ability to support a unified management solution facilitates Windows 11 migration. Progent can assist you to plan and carry out a Microsoft Windows 11 upgrade that maximizes the utilization of your current network resources including desktops, utilities, apps, services, and network infrastructure.
Progent's consultants can deliver these services to help you adhere to leading practices for each phase of your Microsoft Windows 11 migration:
Progent's consultants can help you deploy and optimize Windows 11 clients in hybrid network models that combine on-premises, cloud-based, mobile, and at-home resources. Progent can provide quick remote access to experts who can assist you to get through occasional IT roadblocks and Progent also offers project management expertise to ensure your Windows 11 migration initiative is completed on time and on budget.
- Design a staged implementation strategy that begins with developers and early adopters, proceeds to validation, and culminates in widespread deployment
- Define standards for preparedness to proceed to the next rollout stage
- Evaluate deployment tools and verify your implementation plan is supported by your network infrastructure, intended configuration standards, and policies
- Define which apps will work as-is, which need updates, and which need to be replaced
- Define an ongoing PC management strategy
Additional Consulting Services for Windows 11
Progent can provide a selection of outsourcing services designed to help businesses of all sizes to plan, implement, administer, and troubleshoot hybrid networks that incorporate PCs and notebooks running Microsoft Windows 11. Progent's Technical Response Center can act as a short-term and transparent supplement to your internal Help Desk to deliver online assistance from Microsoft-certified consultants to deal with the initial surge of service requests you may face as you upgrade to Windows 11. Typical issues may involve areas like app or peripheral driver functionality, remote access, or security.
Progent's PC management experts and Windows 10 experts can streamline the management of your Windows 11 endpoints by configuring time-saving solutions for typical tasks like patch management support, managing software licensing, checking utilization and performance, and guarding against cyber attacks. Progent's mobile computing consultants can assist you to design a cohesive BYOD environment for your smartphone and tablet clients by delivering services such as iOS integration and Google Android integration expertise. Progent's Wi-Fi integration consultants can assist you to configure both permanent and temporary Wi-Fi infrastructure for any venue including corporate campuses, branches, telecommuter environments, and conference facilities.
Progent's certified network security experts can assist your organization to design, deploy, and test an IT security plan that marshals the modern cybersecurity capabilities of Windows 11. Progent has developed a variety of affordable network security vulnerability assessment services to evaluate the security profile of desktops, notebooks, and tablets powered by Microsoft Windows 11. For ongoing IT threat defense and maximum availability, Progent has developed the ProSight suite of network management services which include of a variety of round-the-clock remote network monitoring services including Progent's ProSight LAN Watch server and desktop management services and ProSight WAN Watch ITinfrastructure monitoring based on advanced Remote Monitoring and Management technology. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE network infrastructure specialists can show you how to take advantage of the advanced remote connectivity technology of Windows 11 and can assist you to build a centralized accessibility solution that supports a BYOD work style and features speed, advanced security, and high availability.
To enhance manageability, cybersecurity, affordability, and uptime for Windows 11 endpoints, Progent's Hyper-V virtual client experts can help you deploy the Client Hyper-V capability incorporated into Microsoft Windows 11.
Contact Progent to Learn More About Planning and Upgrade Services for Windows 11
To learn more about how Progent's consultants can help you to assess or migrate to Windows 11, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.