Overview of Windows 2000 Server
Windows 2000 Server is founded on the strong design of Windows NT technology, combining standards-based directory, application, communications, file, and printing services with high reliability, efficient management, and support for the mainstream networking hardware to offer dependable foundation for integrating your corporate information system with the Internet.
Advantages of Windows Server 2000 Not Available on Microsoft's Windows NT
Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server provides a broad array of powerful features not available on Windows NT systems. Highlights include:
- Windows 2K Server, Windows Advanced Server, and Microsoft's Windows Datacenter Server are the foundation for all Microsoft's .NET servers.
- Windows 2K Server builds upon the fundamental stability of Microsoft's Windows NT operating system that was initially published in 1993, and which powers millions of applications worldwide.
- Significantly lowered support costs due to the ability to power desktop computers, notebooks and servers with the same underlying operating system.
- Management and security tools to lower the expense and improve the dependability of Windows 2000 and Windows XP desktop workstations by utilizing centralized user policies, rights and configurations. Restraining unauthorized users from installing programs on their notebook or workstation, or even restricting them from Internet access for users that have no business with such tools, can be a major productivity advantage for both
your users and your network services staff.
- Compared to previous releases of Microsoft Windows, such as Windows 98, Windows Server 2000 is a very robust environment to host applications.
- An integrated security and password model that builds upon a uniform directory architecture provides transparent and safe connectivity for onsite users, mobile or remote users, at-home workers, and web users.
- Significantly enhanced server and workstation management tools that reduce the hassle of supporting servers and desktops, freeing IT resources to improve the service level and attentiveness to clients.
- Extensive hardware and application compatibility thanks to being the “Standard” operating system.
- High quality support for off-site access users, telecommuters, and virtual clients, and especially for users who are sometimes working at the office but require the identical degree of efficiency when they are on the road. Features such as offline server folders give clients seamless availability of information even when they are not connected.
- high uptime functionality, such as disk mirroring, distributed file system, and cluster configurations, maximize server availability and worker efficiency.
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist You with Windows 2000 Server
Progent's Microsoft-Premier engineers can help you to manage and support your current Windows 2K Servers. However, because Microsoft has terminated support for Windows Server 2000, it makes sense to think about upgrading to an up-to-date version of Windows Server. Progent can provide cost-effective Windows Server 2019 migration consulting, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, or Windows Server 2012 R2 migration assistance. Progent has extensive background in managing pilot labs to lower the technical risk of migrating to Microsoft Windows Servers by checking potential system compatibility issues. Also, Progent can give you access to CISM, CISSP and CISA Certified security professionals to evaluate your current IT security and suggest company-wide policies, procedures and technologies to increase your security.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Technology
For businesses of any size throughout the United States, Progent's Microsoft-authorized experts can provide low-cost remote computer help and professional consulting services for the whole family of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers. Progent offers Windows Server 2019 migration expertise, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, Windows Server 2012 R2 configuration help, Windows Server 2008 R2 expertise, and Windows Server 2003 maintenance. Progent's migration, installation, optimization, and consulting services include network design, deployment, and management outsourcing for
project management and documentation, local and remote
technical help and system diagnosis,
Help Desk Outsourcing Services, comprehensive
security consulting, full-service
outsourcing, and ProSight Virtual Hosting service.
Progent also offers a full range of online desktop services including Windows 10 migration assistance, Windows 8.1 integration expertise, Microsoft Windows 7 maintenance, preparing for to 64-bit computing, Microsoft Office and Office 365 collaboration support, and streamlining Business Desktop Deployment.
If your company requires immediate online help from a Microsoft certified consultant, visit Progent's Emergency Remote Technical Help.
Find out more about Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Products.
To contact Progent concerning consulting support for Microsoft Windows Server integration, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.