Overview of Windows 2K Server
Microsoft's Windows 2K Server is founded on the strengths of Microsoft Windows NT technology, combining standards-based directory, application, communications, file, and print services with proven stability, easy manageability, and compatibility with the mainstream network hardware to offer dependable basis for interfacing your business with the Internet.
Features of Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server Unavailable on Windows NT
Windows 2000 Server provides a wide range of powerful functions not available on Microsoft's Windows NT systems. These include:
- Microsoft's Windows Server 2000, Microsoft's Windows Advanced Server, and Windows Datacenter Server are the foundation for all Microsoft's .NET servers.
- Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server builds upon the core dependability of Microsoft's Windows NT OS platform that was first released in 1993, and which powers hundreds of millions of applications globally.
- Significantly lowered management costs as a result of the ability to run PCs, laptops and servers with the identical core operating system.
- Management and security tools to lower the cost and enhance the dependability of Windows 2000 and Windows XP desktop workstations by utilizing centralized user policies, rights and configurations. Restraining unauthorized users from putting software on their notebook or workstation, or even restricting them from web access for workers that have no business with such tools, can be a major efficiency advantage for both
your users and your network support group.
- In comparison with previous generations of Microsoft Windows, such as Windows 98 or Windows NT, Microsoft's Windows Server 2000 is a very stable platform for hosting applications.
- A built-in security and password model that is founded on a cohesive directory architecture allows seamless and safe access for onsite clients, mobile or remote users, telecommuters, and web users.
- Greatly enhanced server and workstation management utilities that reduce the burden of maintaining servers and workstations, allowing support staff personnel to improve the service quality and responsiveness to users.
- Broad hardware and application compatibility thanks to being the “Standard” operating system.
- High quality accommodation for remote access users, at-home workers, and virtual clients, and especially for users that are sometimes at the office but require the identical level of productivity when they are on the road. Features like offline server folders allow clients transparent access to data even when they are not connected.
- high availability functionality, including disk mirroring, distributed file system, and cluster configurations, maximize server uptime and worker efficiency.
How Progent's Consultants Can Assist You with Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server
Progent's Microsoft-Premier engineers can help you to maintain your current Windows 2000 Servers. However, because Microsoft has ended support for Windows Server 2K, it is time to think about migrating to a current version of Microsoft Windows Server. Progent offers cost-effective Windows Server 2022 planning and configuration expertise, Windows Server 2019 migration consulting, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, or Windows Server 2012 R2 migration help. Progent has extensive background in designing pilot labs to reduce the technical risk of moving to Microsoft Windows Servers by checking possible hardware and software compatibility issues. Also, Progent can provide CISSP and CISM Premier security professionals to analyze your existing IT security and propose proven policies, procedures and products to increase your protection.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Technology
For organizations of all sizes throughout the U.S., Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants offer low-cost online computer help and IT consulting services for the whole array of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers. Progent offers Windows Server 2022 planning and integration services, Windows Server 2019 migration expertise, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud solutions, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 upgrade support, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 consulting, and Windows Server 2003 upgrade help. Progent's planning, integration, optimization, and consulting services cover network design, deployment, and administration outsourcing for
project management and documentation, local and remote
IT support and system troubleshooting,
Help Desk Outsourcing Support, certified
security expertise, IT
outsourcing, and ProSight Virtual Hosting.
Progent in addition offers a broad range of online PC desktop support and troubleshooting services such as Windows 11 system design and migration assistance, Windows 10 integration assistance, Windows 8.1 consulting expertise, Microsoft Windows 7 maintenance, upgrading to 64-bit computing, Office desktop and Microsoft 365 collaboration support, and streamlining Business Desktop Deployment.
In case your business requires immediate remote support from a certified engineer, go to Progent's Emergency Remote Computer Support.
Find out more about Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Products.
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about professional expertise for Windows Server networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.