Overview of Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server
Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server builds on the strong design of Microsoft Windows NT technology, integrating standards-based directory, application, communications, file, and printing services with proven stability, easy manageability, and support for the cost-effective networking hardware to provide dependable basis for interfacing your corporate information system with the Internet.
Advantages of Microsoft's Windows 2K Server Unavailable on Microsoft's Windows NT
Windows 2K Server provides a broad range of proven features not available on Windows NT servers. Highlights include:
- Microsoft's Windows Server 2000, Windows Advanced Server, and Windows Datacenter Server are the basis for all Microsoft's .NET servers.
- Windows 2000 Server adds to the fundamental dependability of the Windows NT operating system that was initially published in 1993, and which powers hundreds of millions of applications globally.
- Greatly reduced management costs due to the ability to run PCs, notebooks and servers with the identical core OS platform.
- Administration and system protection utilities to reduce the cost and improve the reliability of Microsoft Windows 2K and Windows XP desktop computers by utilizing centralized user policies, rights and configurations. Keeping unauthorized users from putting programs on their laptop or desktop PC, or even prohibiting them from Internet connectivity for users that have no need for such tools, can be a major productivity gain for both
your users and your network support staff.
- Compared to previous releases of Windows, such as Windows NT, Windows 2000 Server is a highly robust environment for hosting applications.
- A built-in protection and password design that is founded on a cohesive directory architecture allows transparent and safe connectivity for onsite users, mobile or remote users, at-home workers, and web users.
- Greatly enhanced server and desktop management tools that ease the hassle of maintaining servers and desktops, allowing support staff personnel to improve the service level and responsiveness to users.
- Broad hardware and software compatibility as a result of being the most widely used operating system.
- Excellent support for off-site access users, telecommuters, and virtual clients, and especially for users who are sometimes working at the office but need the same level of efficiency when they are on the road. Features like offline server folders give clients seamless availability of data even when they are not connected.
- high uptime features, such as disk mirroring, distributed files, and server clustering, increase server availability and user productivity.
How Progent's Consultants Can Assist You with Microsoft's Windows Server 2000
Progent's Microsoft-Certified engineers can assist you to maintain your current Windows 2K Servers. However, because Microsoft has ended support for Windows Server 2K, it makes sense to consider migrating to an up-to-date version of Windows Server. Progent offers affordable Windows Server 2019 migration consulting, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, or Windows Server 2012 R2 migration consulting. Progent is experienced in designing pilot programs to lower the technical risk of migrating to Windows Servers by identifying potential hardware and software compatibility issues. Also, Progent can provide CISM, CISSP and CISA Certified security consultants to evaluate your existing IT security and propose proven policies, procedures and technologies to strengthen your protection.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Technology
For businesses of any size anywhere in the United States, Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can provide affordable online computer help and professional consulting services for the entire family of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers. Progent can deliver Windows Server 2019 migration consulting, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud solutions, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 planning assistance, Windows 2008 Server expertise, and Microsoft Windows 2003 Server maintenance. Progent's planning, integration, optimization, and consulting capabilities cover network design, configuration, and administration outsourcing for
project management and documentation, on-site and remote
technical support and system troubleshooting,
Help Desk Call Center Services, certified
security consulting, full-service
outsourcing, and ProSight Virtual Hosting.
Progent also can deliver a broad range of remote PC desktop support services such as Windows 10 migration support, Windows 8.1 integration, Windows 7 maintenance, upgrading to 64-bit computing, Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft 365 collaboration support, and streamlining workstation deployment.
If your company needs urgent online support from a Microsoft certified network expert, visit Progent's Urgent Remote Network Support.
Find out more about Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Products.
In order to contact Progent concerning technical help for Windows Server integration, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.