Introduction to Windows 2000 Server
Microsoft's Windows 2K Server builds on the strong design of Windows NT technology, combining popular directory, application, networking, file, and print services with high reliability, efficient management, and support for the cost-effective networking hardware to provide a stable foundation for interfacing your corporate information system with the Internet.
Advantages of Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server Not on Microsoft's Windows NT
Windows Server 2000 provides a broad array of powerful functions not available on Windows NT servers. Highlights include:
- Microsoft's Windows 2K Server, Windows Advanced Server, and Microsoft's Windows Datacenter Server are the basis for all Microsoft's .NET servers.
- Windows Server 2000 builds upon the fundamental stability of the Windows NT operating system that was initially released in 1993, and which powers hundreds of millions of applications worldwide.
- Greatly reduced support expense as a result of the ability to power desktop computers, laptops and servers with the same core operating system.
- Management and system protection utilities to reduce the cost and improve the reliability of Microsoft Windows 2K and Windows XP desktop workstations by utilizing centralized user policies, rights and configurations. Restraining unauthorized users from installing software on their notebook or workstation, or even restricting them from web access for users that have no need for such tools, can be a major efficiency gain for both
your users and your network support staff.
- Compared to previous generations of Microsoft Windows, such as Windows NT, Windows 2000 Server is a very robust platform to host applications.
- An integrated security and password design that is founded on a cohesive directory architecture provides transparent and safe connectivity for local users, mobile or remote users, telecommuters, and web users.
- Greatly enhanced server and desktop administrative utilities that reduce the hassle of supporting servers and workstations, freeing support staff resources to improve the service quality and attentiveness to users.
- Extensive hardware and software compatibility as a result of being the ďStandardĒ operating system.
- Excellent accommodation for off-site access users, at-home workers, and virtual users, and especially for users who are often working at the office but need the identical degree of efficiency when they are on the road. Functions like offline server folders allow users transparent access to data even when they are working offline.
- high availability features, including disk mirroring, distributed file system, and server clustering, increase server availability and user productivity.
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist You with Windows 2000 Server
Progent's Microsoft-Premier engineers can help you to maintain your current Windows 2K Servers. However, because Microsoft has ended support for Windows Server 2K, it is important to think about migrating to a current version of Windows Server. Progent can provide cost-effective Windows Server 2012 R2 migration assistance, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, or Windows Server 2019 migration consulting. Progent is experienced in managing pilot programs to reduce the technical risk of migrating to Windows Servers by checking potential hardware and software compatibility issues. In addition, Progent can give you access to CISSP and CISM Premier security professionals to evaluate your existing IT protection and suggest company-wide policies, operational improvements and products to increase your security.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Technology
For organizations of any size in the region or anywhere in the U.S., Progent's Microsoft-authorized consultants offer low-cost online network assistance and professional consulting services for the whole array of Microsoft .NET servers. Progent can provide Windows Server 2019 upgrade expertise, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud solutions, Windows Server 2012 R2 planning and deployment help, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 expertise, and Microsoft Windows 2003 Server upgrade help. Progent's planning, installation, update, and consulting capabilities cover system design, configuration, and management outsourcing for
project analysis and documentation, on-site and remote
technical help and system troubleshooting,
Help Desk Outsourcing Services, certified
security expertise, IT
outsourcing, Microsoft Exchange Server hosting, and ProSight Virtual Hosting service.
Progent also offers a wide range of online PC desktop consulting and support services such as Windows 10 planning assistance, Windows 8.1 support, Microsoft Windows 7 technical support, preparing for to 64-bit computing, Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 integration, and automating workstation deployment.
If your business requires immediate remote help from a Microsoft certified network expert, visit Progent's Emergency Online Network Support.
Find out more about Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Products.
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about technical expertise for Microsoft Windows Server, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.