Overview of Microsoft's Windows Server 2000
Microsoft's Windows 2K Server is founded on the strengths of Microsoft Windows NT technology, integrating popular directory, application, communications, file, and printing services with proven stability, easy manageability, and compatibility with the mainstream network appliances to offer dependable basis for integrating your corporate information system with the Internet.
Features of Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server Unavailable on Windows NT
Microsoft's Windows Server 2000 offers a broad range of proven features not available on Windows NT servers. These include:
- Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft's Windows Advanced Server, and Windows Datacenter Server are the basis for all .NET application servers.
- Windows 2K Server builds upon the core dependability of the Windows NT operating system that was first published in 1993, and is used in millions of applications globally.
- Greatly lowered management expense as a result of the ability to run desktop computers, notebooks and servers with the identical core OS platform.
- Management and security tools to reduce the expense and enhance the reliability of Windows 2K and Windows XP desktop computers by utilizing centralized user policies, rights and setups. Keeping unauthorized users from putting programs on their notebook or desktop PC, or even prohibiting them from web connectivity for workers that have no business with such tools, can be a major efficiency advantage for both
your users and your network services staff.
- In comparison with prior releases of Microsoft Windows, such as Windows 98, Windows 2K Server is a highly stable environment for hosting line-of-business programs.
- A built-in protection and password model that is founded on a cohesive directory structure provides seamless and safe connectivity for onsite users, mobile or off-site users, at-home workers, and web users.
- Significantly enhanced server and workstation management utilities that ease the hassle of maintaining servers and workstations, allowing support staff personnel to enhance the service level and responsiveness to clients.
- Extensive hardware and application compatibility as a result of being the “Standard” OS.
- Excellent accommodation for off-site access users, telecommuters, and virtual clients, and particularly for users who are sometimes working at the office but need the same degree of efficiency when they are mobile. Functions such as offline server folders give clients seamless access to data even when they are working offline.
- fault tolerance features, including disk mirroring, distributed files, and server clustering, increase server availability and worker productivity.
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist You with Windows Server 2000
Progent's Microsoft-Certified engineers can assist you to manage and support your current Windows 2K Servers. However, because Microsoft has terminated support for Windows Server 2K, it is important to consider migrating to a current release of Windows Server. Progent can provide affordable Microsoft Windows Server 2022 solution design and configuration services, Windows Server 2019 migration services, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, or Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 migration assistance. Progent has extensive background in designing pilot labs to lower the engineering risk of migrating to Windows Servers by checking possible hardware and software compatibility issues. Also, Progent can give you access to CISA and GIAC Premier security professionals to analyze your existing IT security and propose company-wide policies, operational improvements and technologies to increase your security.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Technology
For organizations of any size throughout the United States, Progent's Microsoft-certified experts can provide low-cost remote network help and IT consulting services for the entire family of Microsoft .NET servers. Progent offers Windows Server 2022 solution design and integration help, Windows Server 2019 upgrade consulting, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, Windows Server 2012 R2 migration help, Windows Server 2008 R2 expertise, and Microsoft Windows 2003 Server technical support. Progent's migration, installation, update, and support capabilities include system design, deployment, and management outsourcing for
project management and documentation, local and remote
IT help and system repair,
Help Desk Call Center Support, comprehensive
security consulting, full-service
outsourcing, and ProSight Virtual Hosting service.
Progent in addition offers a wide array of remote desktop consulting and support services including Windows 11 planning and migration support, Windows 10 integration support, Windows 8.1 support, Windows 7 technical support, preparing for to 64-bit computing, Office and Microsoft 365 integration, and streamlining PC desktop image creation.
In case your company needs immediate remote help from a certified network expert, go to Progent's Urgent Online Network Help.
Find out more about Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Products.
In order to contact Progent concerning engineering expertise for Microsoft Windows Server networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.