Introduction to Windows 2K Server
Microsoft's Windows Server 2000 builds on the strong design of Windows NT technology, combining standards-based directory, application, networking, file, and print services with proven reliability, easy manageability, and compatibility with the mainstream network appliances to offer dependable foundation for interfacing your corporate information system with the Internet.
Advantages of Windows 2K Server Not Available on Microsoft's Windows NT
Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server provides a broad array of powerful features not available on Windows NT servers. These include:
- Windows 2000 Server, Windows Advanced Server, and Microsoft's Windows Datacenter Server are the basis for all .NET servers.
- Microsoft's Windows 2K Server builds upon the fundamental dependability of Microsoft's Windows NT OS platform that was first published in 1993, and is used in hundreds of millions of applications globally.
- Significantly lowered management expense as a result of the ability to run desktop computers, laptops and servers with the identical underlying OS platform.
- Management and security tools to lower the expense and improve the reliability of Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows XP desktop workstations by utilizing centralized user policies, rights and setups. Keeping unauthorized users from putting programs on their notebook or desktop PC, or even restricting them from Internet connectivity for users that have no business with such tools, can be a huge productivity advantage for both
your users and your network services group.
- Compared to prior releases of Microsoft Windows, such as Windows NT, Microsoft's Windows 2K Server is a very stable environment for hosting applications.
- An integrated protection and password design that builds upon a uniform directory structure allows seamless and safe access for onsite clients, mobile or remote users, telecommuters, and web users.
- Significantly enhanced server and desktop management tools that ease the burden of supporting servers and desktops, allowing IT resources to improve the service level and attentiveness to clients.
- Extensive hardware and software compatibility thanks to being the “Standard” OS.
- High quality support for remote access users, telecommuters, and virtual users, and particularly for users that are sometimes working at the office but require the same degree of productivity when they are mobile. Functions such as offline server folders allow clients seamless access to data even when they are working offline.
- service continuity features, including disk mirroring, distributed files, and cluster configurations, increase server availability and worker efficiency.
How Progent's Experts Can Assist You with Windows 2K Server
Progent's Microsoft-Certified engineers can assist you to manage and support your current Windows 2K Servers. However, because Microsoft has ended support for Windows Server 2000, it is important to think about migrating to a current version of Microsoft Windows Server. Progent offers affordable Microsoft Windows Server 2022 solution design and configuration services, Windows Server 2019 migration services, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, or Windows Server 2012 R2 migration help. Progent is experienced in managing pilot programs to lower the engineering risk of moving to Microsoft Windows Servers by checking potential hardware and software compatibility issues. Also, Progent can provide CISM, CISSP and CISA Certified security consultants to evaluate your current IT protection and suggest company-wide policies, operational improvements and technologies to strengthen your security.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Technology
For companies of all sizes anywhere in the United States, Progent's Microsoft-authorized experts offer low-cost online computer assistance and professional consulting support for the entire family of Microsoft .NET servers. Progent offers Windows Server 2022 planning and migration help, Windows Server 2019 migration consulting, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 migration help, Windows Server 2008 consulting, and Microsoft Windows Server 2003 maintenance. Progent's migration, installation, update, and support capabilities include system architecture, configuration, and administration help for
project management and documentation, local and off-site
technical help and system repair,
Help Desk Call Center Services, certified
security expertise, full-service
outsourcing, and ProSight Virtual Hosting.
Progent in addition offers a broad array of online PC desktop services such as Windows 11 planning and migration consulting, Windows 10 integration support, Microsoft Windows 8.1 support, Microsoft Windows 7 maintenance, moving to 64-bit computing, Office and Microsoft 365 collaboration support, and automating workstation deployment.
In case your business needs immediate remote help from a certified network expert, go to Progent's Urgent Online Computer Help.
Find out more about Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Products.
If you wish to get in touch with Progent concerning technical help for Windows Server, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.