Overview of Microsoft's Windows Server 2000
Windows 2K Server is founded on the strong design of Microsoft Windows NT technology, integrating standards-based directory, application, communications, file, and printing services with high stability, easy manageability, and compatibility with the cost-effective network hardware to provide dependable basis for integrating your business with the Internet.
Advantages of Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server Unavailable on Microsoft's Windows NT
Microsoft's Windows 2000 Server provides a wide array of proven functions not available on Microsoft's Windows NT servers. These include:
- Windows 2K Server, Microsoft's Windows Advanced Server, and Windows Datacenter Server are the basis for all .NET application servers.
- Windows Server 2000 builds upon the fundamental dependability of Microsoft's Windows NT operating system that was initially released in 1993, and is used in millions of applications worldwide.
- Greatly reduced support expense due to the ability to run desktop computers, laptops and servers with the identical core OS platform.
- Management and security tools to lower the cost and improve the reliability of Microsoft Windows 2K and Windows XP desktop workstations by using centralized user policies, rights and configurations. Restraining unauthorized users from putting programs on their laptop or desktop PC, or even prohibiting them from web access for workers that have no need for such tools, can be a huge efficiency gain for both
your clients and your IT support group.
- Compared to prior generations of Microsoft Windows, such as Windows 98 or Windows NT, Windows Server 2000 is a highly robust environment to host applications.
- A built-in protection and password model that builds upon a uniform directory architecture allows seamless and secure access for local users, mobile or remote users, telecommuters, and web users.
- Greatly enhanced server and desktop administrative utilities that reduce the hassle of maintaining servers and workstations, freeing IT personnel to enhance the service quality and attentiveness to clients.
- Extensive hardware and application compatibility as a result of being the most widely used OS.
- Excellent accommodation for off-site access users, telecommuters, and virtual users, and particularly for users who are often at the office but need the identical level of productivity when they are mobile. Features such as offline server folders allow clients transparent availability of information even when they are working offline.
- service continuity functionality, including disk mirroring, distributed file system, and cluster configurations, maximize server uptime and worker productivity.
How Progent's Consultants Can Help You with Microsoft's Windows Server 2000
Progent's Microsoft-Certified consultants can help you to manage and support your current Windows 2K Servers. However, because Microsoft has ended support for Windows Server 2000, it is important to consider upgrading to a current release of Windows Server. Progent offers cost-effective Windows Server 2012 R2 upgrade support, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, or Windows Server 2019 migration consulting. Progent has extensive background in designing pilot labs to lower the engineering risk of migrating to Windows Servers by identifying possible system compatibility issues. Also, Progent can give you access to CISSP and CISM Premier security consultants to evaluate your current IT protection and propose company-wide policies, procedures and products to strengthen your security.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Technology
For companies of any size in the region or anywhere in the U.S., Progent's Microsoft-authorized experts offer affordable online network assistance and IT consulting services for the entire array of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers. Progent can deliver Windows Server 2019 upgrade consulting, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud integration, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 configuration support, Windows 2008 Server expertise, and Windows 2003 Server technical support. Progent's migration, installation, optimization, and support capabilities include system design, configuration, and management help for
project analysis and documentation, on-site and remote
technical support and system repair,
Help Desk Services, certified
security consulting, turn-key
outsourcing, Microsoft Exchange hosting and management, and ProSight Virtual Hosting.
Progent also offers a full array of remote desktop services including Windows 10 migration support, Windows 8.1 consulting, Windows 7 technical support, preparing for to 64-bit computing, Office and Office 365 collaboration support, and streamlining Business Desktop Deployment.
In case your business needs urgent remote help from a Microsoft certified engineer, refer to Progent's Emergency Online Network Support.
Find out more about Progent's Support Services for Microsoft Server Products.
In order to contact Progent about technical assistance for Windows Server integration, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.