Progent's Wireless Site Survey helps you design and install a wireless local area network (WLAN) optimized for your facilities, offering you a solution that delivers the coverage, performance, capacity, Quality of Service (QoS), security, and roaming capability your business requires. Progent's Wireless Site Survey services are available as a remote service that saves time and money, or as a more comprehensive onsite service.
Progent's Remote Wireless Site Survey uses advanced RF modeling and simulation software to collect the information needed to design an efficient WLAN. Progent's On-premises Wireless Site Survey, available throughput the U.S., features onsite inspection, RF and security audits of your existing WLAN, analysis of your building's floor plans, testing for RF interference, RF propagation modeling, identification of optimum locations for customer-specified Wireless Access Points (WAPs or APs) including Cisco Aironet, Cisco Meraki and Apple AirPort access points, and a detailed report for a new WLAN. The on-premises survey includes interviews with your IT management and end users to refine parameters for the WLAN. All 802.11a/b/g/n and 802.11ac WLAN design is performed by BICSI RCDD Certified Survey Engineers.
Progent offers expertise for creating a state-of-the-art BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) environment by offering services such as iPhone and iPad integration, Android phone and tablet consulting, and RIM BlackBerry expertise. iPhones and iPads, Androids, BlackBerries, Windows Phones, and other mobile devices require robust RF signals and pose serious capacity challenges. Progent's Wireless Site Survey provides the insight you need to address these issues and design an affordable and effective BYOD implementation.
Deliverables for Progent's On-Premises Wireless Site Survey can include:
Download Progent's Wireless Site Survey Datasheet
- RF Spectrum Analysis for Wi-Fi, DECT, ZigBee, and other advanced wireless networks. This includes detection of RF issues related to your facility's physical structure as well as other possible sources of interference so you can anticipate and resolve problems during the WLAN design phase.
- RF Coverage Maps in the form of color RF contour images for the areas requiring coverage to help select the optimal number and location of WAPs and identify RF leakage areas and coverage gaps
- Capacity Plan for defining and delivering the bandwidth needed to support all applications and users
- Cable Paths depicted as red line diagrams you can supply to cabling contractors
- Device Installation guidance on where and how to install wireless devices plus identification of special equipment that may be needed (NEMA enclosures, antennas, etc)
- Infrastructure Requirements to specify all facility and networking resources needed to support the installation such as available switch ports, Power over Ethernet (POE), electrical power, and rack space
To download a single-page printable datasheet in PDF format describing Progent's Wireless Site Survey services, click:
Progent's Wireless Site Survey Datasheet. (PDF - 122 KB)
World-Class Network Infrastructure Expertise
Progent maintains one of the largest teams of certified Cisco CCIE network engineers of any independent IT support firm in the U.S. and can help you integrate your WLAN seamlessly into your corporate network. Progent can help you configure and manage Cisco routers, switches, and security appliances as well as Cisco Mobility products including WAPs and wireless LAN controllers. Progent also offers expertise with networking products from Juniper, Apple, WatchGuard, and other leading vendors. To learn about Progent's online and on-premises consulting services for Cisco wireless technology, refer to consulting and support for Cisco wireless products.
To help you with company-wide security and compliance issues, Progent offers the services of network security engineers who have earned advanced certifications from CISM, CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, GIAC, and CRISC. Progent's security specialists offer a broad range of online and on-premises services that include vulnerability audits, stealth penetration testing, and disaster recovery planning.
In order to get in touch with Progent about consulting expertise for wireless LAN solutions, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.