Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your company to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist you to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized remote employees to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital applications may require redundant Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying Internet service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the business PBX environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based VoIP products are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major vendors support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based access to content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that permits remote workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit deployment consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them safely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and optimize integrated network architectures that combine internal data centers, remote workers, branches, and cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you past challenging IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify identity management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist you to use GCP's management technology to control and track your GCP ecosystem. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A rapid, enterprise-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online technical support specialists along with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from service requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or update the status of their current tickets, add details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex issues. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to supplement your existing Call Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk support services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support model based on the leading professional services automation platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class desktop support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters often run their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and requires careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can help your organization to plan, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that guards vital information in IT networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your processes and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision circumstances that require a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can assist you to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for safeguarding critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and delete sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your telecommuters, see Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.