Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Albany organization to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Albany, New York businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complex if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for configuring routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Line-of-business processes might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the business PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed configuration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
assist you to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven access to content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that enables remote workers to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to planning and configuration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them safely via a browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author documents. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers affordable online support for enabling businesses to build, manage and optimize cohesive network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you through tough technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-availability network model so your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide transition to a from-home business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to track or revise the status of their active tickets, enter information, and append screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your existing Help Desk organization by sharing delivery of Call Center support services transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a collective support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to provide world-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly utilize their own computing devices and often operate in a poorly secured physical area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote endpoint monitoring, thorough user training, and the development of policies built on leading practices. Progent's seasoned group of IT security solutions experts can help your business to design, deploy and maintain a compliant security solution that protects critical information assets in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and control appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall integration and support services.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices used by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context from SentinelOne to detect new threats before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
Progent's Duo MFA services incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to defend against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication. Duo enables one-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using 2FA, whenever you log into a protected application and enter your password you are requested to confirm your identity on a unit that only you possess and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide range of out-of-band devices can be utilized for this second form of authentication such as an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You may designate several verification devices. For details about ProSight Duo identity authentication services, visit Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to implement top-level security for your remote workers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To read or download a white paper about critical areas to concentrate on for securing a network that includes telecommuters, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, software glitches, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online access to consultants familiar with a broad range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision circumstances that require a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for safeguarding critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune mobile endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Albany, New York organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.