Mac users who need an Exchange-compatible email client from Microsoft have depended on Entourage or Microsoft Web Access. With the introduction of Microsoft Office for Mac 2011, Microsoft has replaced the Entourage client with Outlook for Mac. Progent's macOS and OS X technology experts and Microsoft-certified Exchange engineers can assist you to maintain a legacy Entourage environment, design and execute an efficient migration to Microsoft's latest technology, and revamp your Exchange Server infrastructure to optimize the performance, availability, protection, collaboration support, and overall business impact of your email, messaging, and conferencing ecosystem.
Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac, available in Office 365 for Mac, takes the place of Microsoft Entourage and has been re-architected to provide substantial enhancements in the areas of usability, calendar management, backup and restore, search, Windows integration, sharing, performance, video conferencing, voice mail, mobility support, IM, and presence. The Office Outlook for Mac database for email, contact information, and calendars is now saved in individual text files, making them simpler to manage. Microsoft Outlook for Mac is also Spotlight searchable and capable of being backed up and restored using Time Machine. Setting up accounts has been simplified so you can easily add Exchange-based accounts or accounts from popular email services.
Progent's Mac OS X integration specialists and Microsoft qualified support professionals can help you to upgrade from the discontinued Entourage email client for Microsoft Exchange so your Apple Mac users can collaborate with colleagues who run Microsoft Outlook. Entourage enabled you ro use your Exchange account to send and receive your email, search your Exchange global address list, synchronize your calendar and contacts, and invite colleagues to meetings. Microsoft Entourage was designed to work with AppleScript and Apple's Spotlight search tool. Progent can assist you to configure a secure and dependable email solution that replaces Entourage for Mac with a current email client that can communicate with your Exchange Server.
The majority of the extensive capabilities of Exchange are accessible to Mac, iPhone, and iPad users running any advanced web browser by utilizing the Outlook Web App (formerly called Outlook Web Access). Outlook Web App enables macOS, Mac OS X and Apple iOS users to access email, voice messages, Instant Messages, and test via Apple Safari and other major browsers. Advanced capabilities of Outlook Web App include conversation grouping for enhanced thread management, expanded browser compatibility, MailTips to avoid dangerous or inappropriate email transmissions, an unlimited size single-page email message folder to do away with the time and effort related to scrolling through messages manually, a nickname buffer to streamline email addressing, advanced filtering and search options, calendar sharing, new presence awareness indicators within contact lists, client-based IM, ActiveSync support for SMS text messages, and customizable favorites filters (like unread messages) for fast retrieval of task-relevant data.
Progent's Outlook for Mac 2011 Consulting Services
Outlook for Mac is a component of Office365 for Mac and takes the place of Entourage. Microsoft Outlook for Mac has been re-architected to provide significant improvements in major facets of business communications including email usability and management, scheduling, backup/recovery, search, Windows coexistence, collaboration, speed, voice and video conferencing, voice mail management, remote access, instant messaging, and presence.
Progent can help you to incorporate Outlook for Mac 2011 into your email system so you can take advantage of its powerful new features, including:
Progent can help you to plan, deploy, and support a multi-platform environment that allows your Mac OS X clients to utilize Office Outlook for Mac to access Exchange Server. Progent's Microsoft-certified engineers and Mac OS X experts can assist you to connect your Mac OS X computers to your Exchange Server. Progent will make sure that your Microsoft Exchange Server is properly configured and that WebDAV, LDAP, and Outlook Web are properly integrated. Progent can also deliver a full array of Exchange Server consulting services such as design, configuration, maintenance, protection, remote connectivity, performance tuning, plus spam/virus blocking and email encryption. Progent also offers tailored individual Microsoft Entourage training.
- Conversations: Thread management is made easy due to Outlook for Mac 2011's automatic ability to organize associated emails into one consolidated message group.
- Attachment Preview: The Quick Look feature allows you to read file attachments from within an email without requiring you to launch the attachments in their associated software programs.
- Unified Folders: Office Outlook for Mac now automatically puts your email, drafts, sent mail and erased items for all of your mailboxes into consolidated folders so you donít have to check individual email accounts and folders.
- Import PST Files: Migration from a Windows client is streamlined by the ability to download Windows PST files to Outlook for Mac 2011 without requiring external utilities.
- Filter by Category: You can immediately view relevant calendar information and contact data according to the categories you specify.
- Overlay Calendar View: Microsoft Outlook for Mac can superimpose shared calendars so you can quickly spot scheduling conflicts.
- Calendar Preview: A calendar snapshot shown in a meeting invitation allows you to detect scheduling conflicts or examine adjacent events instantly.
- Reply with Meeting: You can launch a meeting invitation in a single-click reply to an email message.
- Contact Card: Running Microsoft Messenger for Mac 8 or Communications Server with Communicator for Mac 2011, you can see presence information in the Outlook for Mac contact card and initiate Instant Messaging, a voice or video conference, or a voice call without leaving Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac 2011.
- Contacts Search Panel: You can quickly search through your contact database from any view in Outlook for Mac.
- IRM Security: With the volume-license version of Outlook for Mac 2011 and a Rights Management server running with Windows Server 2008, you can provide enterprise-class security for sensitive emails.
- Offline Address Books: New support for offline address books gives mobile users continual access to vital contact information.
- Voice Mail Preview: When used with Exchange Server 2010, Office Outlook for Mac 2011 can convert voice messages into readable text messages and add them to your inbox to save time going through the often tedious process of checking voice mail.
Support for Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac
Entourage 2008 for Mac was designed as a personal information manager (PIM) that helps users to manage email messages, contacts, calendars, notes, and tasks. Thanks to the Exchange interface incorporated into Entourage 2008 for Mac, you can operate more efficiently in a Microsoft Exchange Server-based email system and collaborate with associates who run Outlook as their email client software.
Features of Entourage 2008 for Mac include:
Progent can help you to maintain your current Entourage system or help you plan and implement a smooth upgrade from any edition of Microsoft Entourage to the current release of Outlook for Mac.
- Centralize Personal Data: Entourage 2008 for Mac enables you to consolidate your messages, contacts, schedule, notes, and task information in one easy-to-access place.
- Microsoft Exchange Integration: You can operate seamlessly in an Exchange environment because Entourage 2008 for Mac uses the WebDAV protocol. You can send and receive messages, search the Exchange global address list (GAL), import addresses, synchronize your calendar, and invite associates to events with your Exchange account.
- Contact Synchronization: You can sync your contacts with those in your Microsoft Exchange personal address book, offering full access to your address list at all times.
- Directory Service: You can rapidly locate email addresses by searching the Exchange global address list.
- Support for Many Accounts: Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac allows you to set up unlimited accounts which can include IMAP, POP, and Hotmail type accounts. This allows you to manage all your email accounts with one easy-to-use tool.
- Calendar Synchronization: You can keep your Entourage 2008 for Mac Calendar synchronized with Exchange server so you can remain current with your schedule when you are online or offline.
- Message Grouping: Entourage 2008 allows you to organize, read, and look for messages based on project, sender, time, or other fields.
- Efficient Archiving: Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac allows users to export personal information manager (PIM) data such as email, addresses, or schedules into an Entourage 2008 backup system to keep your PIM database clean and safe.
- Word Integration: You can send Word files directly as the body of messages.
Additional Support Services for Microsoft Exchange Server in a Multi-platform Environment
For cross-platform networks that do not utilize Outlook for Mac but which include Exchange Server as well as a combination of Mac, Microsoft Windows, Linux, or other popular platforms, Progent's network engineers can help to integrate messaging clients within a seamless solution that maximizes the ability to collaborate and exchange data. Progent can clarify the advantages and limitations of utilizing Microsoft Outlook Web as a messaging client for non-Microsoft systems and can help your company to incorporate a variety of messaging clients into your environment.
Progent also offers an array of Exchange Server consulting services to help your company to improve email protection, Exchange Server availability, off-site and mobile email connectivity, email manageability, and Exchange backup/restore processes. Progent's Exchange Server migration support services streamline and expedite the job of going from an outdated email platform or an earlier release of Exchange to a current version. Progent also provides Exchange Server hosting to reduce the expense, simplify the management, and increase the availability of your Exchange Server. For additional details concerning Progent's consulting support for Exchange Server, see Exchange Server Consultants.
Contact Progent to Interface Apple macOS and OS X Clients and Exchange Server
If your company is in need of a macOS or OS X specialist, phone Progent at 800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.
Progent's Help for UNIX-family Environments
Progent's UNIX support experts offer small businesses and software developers help with managing and supporting UNIX/Linux/Mac-based networks that may coexist with Microsoft-based technology. Progent provides your company contact with UNIX technical experts, certified Microsoft engineers, Cisco CCIEs, and security specialists accredited by CISSP. This broad range of knowledge offers your company a convenient single resource to help your business to create and manage a secure and resilient cross-platform connectivity and communications solution that blends Microsoft technology with popular variants of UNIX such as:
Apple macOS and OS X ,
IBM AIX Open UNIX,
HP-UX (Hewlett Packard UNIX),
Berkeley UNIX (BSD),
SCO UNIX and
Silicon Graphics IRIX (SGI/IRIX) or important Linux distributions including
fedora Linux, and