Mac users who need an Exchange-aware email client from Microsoft have relied on Entourage or Microsoft Web Access. Following the introduction of Office for Mac 2011, Microsoft has replaced the Entourage client with Outlook 2011. Progent's Mac specialists and Microsoft-certified Exchange Server engineers can help you to support an older Entourage environment, design and execute an efficient upgrade to Microsoft's current technology, and revamp your Exchange infrastructure to improve the performance, availability, protection, collaborative capability, and overall business impact of your email, messaging, and video conferencing solution.
Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac, available in Office 365 for Mac, takes the place of Entourage and has been re-architected to deliver substantial improvements in the areas of email creation and management, calendar management, backup and restore, search, Windows coexistence, sharing, speed, video conferencing, voice mail, mobility, Instant Messaging, and presence. The Outlook for Mac database for email, contact information, and calendars is now stored in individual text files, making them easier to control. Outlook for Mac is also Spotlight searchable and capable of being backed up and recovered with Apple Time Machine. Setting up accounts has been simplified so you can quickly add Exchange-based accounts or accounts from popular email services.
Progent's Mac integration experts and Microsoft qualified consultants can assist your company to migrate from the discontinued Entourage email client for Microsoft Exchange so your Mac users can collaborate with colleagues who use Outlook client. Entourage allowed you ro utilize your Microsoft Exchange account to transmit and receive email, access your Exchange global address list (GAL), sync up your schedule and contacts, and invite colleagues to meetings. Entourage was designed to support AppleScript and Apple's Spotlight search tool. Progent can help you to integrate a secure and dependable email solution that replaces Entourage for Mac with a current email client that can communicate with your Exchange Server.
The majority of the features of Microsoft Exchange are available to Mac, iPhone, and iPad users via any full-featured web browser by using the Outlook Web App (formerly named Outlook Web Access). Outlook Web App allows macOS, Mac OS X and Apple iOS devices to connect to email, voice mail, Instant Messages, and test via Apple Safari and other popular web browsers. Powerful features of Outlook Web App include conversation grouping for enhanced thread management, expanded web browser compatibility, MailTips to avoid dangerous or unsuitable email transmissions, a limitless size single-page email message folder to do away with the time and delays associated with advancing through messages page by page, a nickname buffer to streamline email addressing, advanced filtering and search, shared calendars, new presence awareness displays within contact lists, client-based Instant Messaging, ActiveSync support for test messages, and customizable favorites filters (such as unread emails) for quick retrieval of task-relevant information.
Progent's Outlook for Mac 2011 Support Services
Microsoft Outlook for Mac is a component of Office365 for Mac and replaces Entourage. Microsoft Outlook for Mac has been re-architected to provide important enhancement in major areas of business communications including email usability and control, calendaring, backup and restore, search, Windows coexistence, collaboration, performance, voice and video conferencing, voice mail support, mobility, instant messaging, and presence.
Progent can help your company to incorporate Outlook for Mac into your email system so you can benefit from its new capabilities, including:
Progent can assist you to plan, implement, and support a multi-platform network that enables your Mac OS X clients to use Outlook for Mac 2011 to connect to Microsoft Exchange. Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants and Mac specialists can assist your company to integrate your Mac systems to your Exchange Server. Progent will make sure that your Exchange Server is properly installed and that WebDAV, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, and Outlook Web Access are correctly integrated. Progent can also offer a full range of Microsoft Exchange support services such as planning, integration, troubleshooting, protection, remote connectivity, performance optimization, plus spam/virus filtering and email encryption. Progent also offers tailored one-on-one Entourage for Mac training.
- Conversations: Thread management is made easy by Outlook for Mac 2011's ability to arrange associated emails into one consolidated message group.
- File Attachment Preview: The Quick Look feature enables you to preview attachments from inside a message without making it necessary to launch the file attachments in their associated applications.
- Unified Folders: Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 now automatically puts your email, drafts, sent mail and deleted items for all of your mailboxes in unified folders so you donít need to check separate email accounts and folders.
- Import PST Files: Moving from a Windows client is simplified by the ability to download Windows email PST files to Outlook for Mac 2011 without the need for third-party utilities.
- Filter by Category: You can immediately view relevant calendar items and contacts based on categories you define.
- Overlay Calendar View: Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac 2011 can superimpose shared calendars so you can quickly uncover scheduling conflicts.
- Calendar Preview: A calendar snapshot shown in a meeting invitation enables you to detect scheduling conflicts or check adjacent meetings immediately.
- Reply with Meeting: You can launch a conference invitation in a one-click reply to an email message.
- Contact Card: Running Microsoft Messenger for Mac 8 or Communications Server with Communicator for Mac 2011, you can see presence information in the Outlook for Mac contact card and launch Instant Messaging, a video conference, or a voice call from within Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac 2011.
- Contacts Search Panel: You can quickly search your contacts from any view in Microsoft Outlook for Mac.
- IRM Security: If you have the volume-license version of Outlook for Mac 2011 and a Rights Management server operating with Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, you can provide enterprise-level security for sensitive emails.
- Offline Address Books: New support for offline address books gives mobile users continual access to vital contact information.
- Voice Mail Preview: With Exchange Server 2010, Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac 2011 can convert voice mail into text messages and put them into your inbox to save time going through the often tedious process of reviewing voice mail.
Support for Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac
Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac was designed as a personal information manager that assists you to manage email, contacts, schedules, notes, and projects. Thanks to the Exchange Server support incorporated into Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac, users can operate more efficiently in a Microsoft Exchange Server-based messaging environment and collaborate with associates who use Outlook as their messaging client.
Features and Benefits of Microsoft Entourage 2008 include:
Progent can assist you to maintain your existing Microsoft Entourage environment or help you plan and implement an efficient migration from any edition of Microsoft Entourage to the current version of Outlook for Mac.
- Consolidate Personal Information: Entourage 2008 enables you to organize your e-mail, contacts, calendar, notes, and project details in a single convenient location.
- Exchange Server Support: Users can work seamlessly in an Exchange Server system because Entourage 2008 uses the Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning standard. You can send and receive email, search the Exchange global address list, import addresses, sync up your calendar, and invite associates to events through your Exchange account.
- Contact Synchronization: You can synchronize your contacts with your Exchange personal address book, providing complete access to your contacts at all times.
- Directory Search: You can rapidly locate email addresses by searching the Exchange global address list (GAL).
- Access to Many Email Accounts: Microsoft Entourage 2008 allows you to establish unlimited email accounts including IMAP, POP, and MSN Hotmail accounts. This allows you to manage all your email with a single convenient tool.
- Schedule Synchronization: You can keep your Microsoft Entourage 2008 Calendar synchronized with Exchange server in order to stay up to date with your calendar whether you are online or working offline.
- Message Organization: Entourage 2008 enables you to organize, read, and search for messages based on project, sender, time, or other criteria.
- Easy Archiving: Entourage 2008 for Mac allows users to export PIM data such as e-mail messages, addresses, or calendars to a Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac archive system to keep your personal information consistent and secure.
- Word Integration: You can send Word documents from Word as the body of e-mail messages.
Comprehensive Support for Exchange Server in a Cross-platform Network
For multi-platform environments that do not use Outlook for Mac but which incorporate Microsoft Exchange plus a combination of Mac, Windows, Linux, or other common platforms, Progent's consultants can assist to integrate messaging clients within a cohesive solution that optimizes the ability to collaborate and exchange information. Progent can clarify the benefits and shortcomings of utilizing Outlook Web App as a messaging client for non-Microsoft computers and can assist your company to incorporate a mix of messaging clients into your environment.
Progent also provides a range of Microsoft Exchange support services to help you to enhance messaging protection, Exchange fault-tolerance, remote and wireless email access, email administration, and Exchange Server backup/restore procedures. Progent's Exchange upgrade and migration support services simplify and de-risk the job of going from an outdated messaging platform or an earlier release of Exchange Server to a current version. Progent also offers Exchange hosting to lower the cost, simplify the management, and improve the dependability of your Exchange Server. To find out more details concerning Progent's technical services for Microsoft Exchange, visit Microsoft Exchange Help.
Get in Touch with Progent to Integrate Apple macOS and OS X Clients and Exchange Server
If you are looking for a Mac consultant, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.
Progent's Expertise for UNIX-based Systems
Progent's UNIX-family support experts provide small businesses and developers assistance with managing and supporting UNIX/Linux/Mac-based systems that can coexist with Microsoft environments. Progent provides your organization access to UNIX support experts, authorized Microsoft consultants, Cisco CCIEs, and security specialists accredited by CISM. This broad array of knowledge offers you a readily available single resource to assist you to build and support a secure and resilient cross-platform network and communications solution that blends Microsoft Windows with popular versions of UNIX such as:
macOS and OS X ,
IBM AIX OS,
HP-UX (Hewlett Packard UNIX),
Berkeley UNIX (BSD),
SCO UNIX and
Silicon Graphics IRIX (SGI/IRIX) or major Linux distributions such as
fedora Linux, and