Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Barra da Tijuca organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for deploying routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical applications may demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting Internet service providers, picking appropriate service packages, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the company PBX system to include teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide as-needed deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
help you to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich environment of applications that create a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-edit documents. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers advanced remote support for helping organizations to create, manage and optimize integrated network models that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to guide you through tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which might be activated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from service requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or revise the status of their current tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables you to supplement your existing Support Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Call Center support transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a collective support model based on the leading professional services automation tool for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class IT support to your telecommuters, see Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
At-home workers often use their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can help your business to design, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards sensitive data in networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different permissions to various groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by at-home workers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security experts with top certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to implement top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical information in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, human error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from experts familiar with a broad range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can help you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for protecting critical data by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, go to Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.