Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Brisbane
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting the processes required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Brisbane organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers weaknesses in policies or work habits that should be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of IT and security experts with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and requires intimate interaction with the teams responsible for data restoration and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for changes.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the system. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound images of all exposed devices so the file restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect every computer and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions to establish the timeline of the assault and to spot any possible lateral movement from the originally compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce detailed incident documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security gaps and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Brisbane
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Brisbane organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.