Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and at night, when support staff may be slower to become aware of a break-in and are least able to mount a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware can manage inside a victim's system, the more time it will require to recover basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide organizations to carry out the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Cabo Frio area to identify and quarantine breached devices and guard undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Cabo Frio
Modern strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and attack any available system restores and backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment for the decryption tools required to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate files and hackers demand an additional settlement for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can be a big issue depending on the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The recovery work after a ransomware penetration involves a number of crucial stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent first step requires arresting the lateral progress of the attack across your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to run unrestricted, the longer and more costly the recovery process. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine activities consist of isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the network to a minimal acceptable level of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also requires the widest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network topology, and safe endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced collaboration platforms to coordinate the complex restoration effort. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's managers and network support group to prioritize activity and to put vital services back online as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover files impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and what recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down key databases which, if not gracefully shut down, may need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to locate undamaged data. For instance, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the ransomware attack.
- Deploying advanced AV/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM gives small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the same AV tools implemented by many of the world's largest corporations including Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware blocking, identification, containment, recovery and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ASM lowers TCO, streamlines management, and expedites operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Activities include determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, learning, and using the decryptor tool; debugging decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; mapping and connecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition; and reprovisioning machines and software services.
- Forensics: This activity involves learning the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists you to assess the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect changes. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Services in Cabo Frio
For ransomware recovery consulting services in the Cabo Frio area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.