Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Charleston company to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Charleston, South Carolina companies to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized remote workers to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for setting up home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Vital processes may demand backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting Internet service providers, choosing appropriate service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the company PBX system to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist your business to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build secure web portals that enables remote workforce to view and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to deployment expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-edit files. Revisions created offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for enabling businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that include internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you through tough technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and track your GCP environment. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
A fast, company-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or revise the status of their current tickets, add information, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex issues. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center team by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk support seamlessly between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a collaborative support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
At-home workers commonly use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can help your business to plan, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that protects critical information in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices utilized by at-home workers and either block or identify and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your procedures and policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage system failures due to hardware issues, software glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision circumstances that require a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for safeguarding critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, refer to Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Charleston, South Carolina company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.