Data centers are the focal point of leveraging information technology resources to optimize the business value of an IT network. For small businesses, data centers have typically grown in a haphazard manner, resulting in a state where processors and storage devices are underutilized, usable communications bandwidth is overlooked, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, support demands are excessive, scaling or repurposing is costly, security is patchy, nominally simple changes become major hassles, and complete recovery from disastrous breakdowns is almost impossible.
Cisco's latest connectivity appliances and technologies support a new generation of data center architecture that permits ongoing improvements in server, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a manageable and affordable way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can assist you to identify and implement Cisco's network products to create a solid foundation for your data center and to improve your data center operations in vital areas including:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Business continuance
The key benefits that can accrue from engaging Progent's network consultants to streamline your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Expertise for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced ownership cost: permits IT to significantly lower capital costs via integration and more efficient use of formerly separate network resources, lower maintenance expenses by streamlining and automating management jobs, and cut air conditioning and power costs.
- More Business Flexibility: enables IT management to respond quickly to evolving business demands by facilitating rapid provisioning of application and network functions from common aggregations of consolidated processor, disk, and connectivity technologies. This helps streamline administrative processes and support policy-driven control.
- Better Business Robustness: allows IT management to react to disruptions or intrusions by safeguarding connections, programs, and data through advanced levels of availability, pervasive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: permits IT to improve network service levels by implementing safe, accelerated connectivity to data center-resident applications and data from any location and at any moment across the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants offer a broad array of services that can help companies of any size design a Cisco-powered environment that will offer your data center a dependable and protected foundation for current applications and future growth. Consulting services include:
- Building effective firewall protection solutions using Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Installing and troubleshooting protected VPN access for connecting data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile users
- Planning, and integrating resilient fault tolerant LAN and Internet access architectures so that single component breakdowns do not interrupt operation of the network
- Setting up backup Internet providers with seamless transfer based on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can assist clients along the entire process of interaction with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allocated, dealing with ISP carriers to prepare their systems, and deploying and testing client equipment.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to support VMware virtual server deployments
- Architecting, deploying and helping customers to manage proactive intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be identified quickly and remediated so they don't impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and supporting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can align expressed requirements to the best technology and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Such designs permit seamless and convenient expansion, reliability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to design affordable network management strategies based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various outside vendor solutions that offer network managers a powerful look into the activity of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting high-end data center capable routers and switches including the Cisco Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 Series routers.
To find out more information about Progent's consulting support for Cisco solutions, pick a topic:
In order to ask Progent about consulting help for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.