Data centers are the focal point of utilizing IT resources to maximize the business value of an information system. For small companies, data centers have typically grown in a piecemeal manner, resulting in a state where processors and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, usable communications bandwidth is wasted, collaboration and information sharing is minimal, maintenance requirements are excessive, expansion or repurposing is costly, protection is patchy, nominally simple changes turn into major challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure is virtually impossible.
Cisco's latest network appliances and tools support a new generation of data center design that allows ongoing improvements in processor, storage, network topology, and applications in a maintainable and cost-effective way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can assist you to identify and implement Cisco's connectivity solutions to build a solid basis for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in critical areas including:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Business continuance
The key advantages that can accrue from engaging Progent's network consultants to optimize your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Expertise for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced total cost of ownership: permits IT management to significantly cut capital costs through integration and higher use of formerly separate network resources, lower operational expenses by streamlining and automating administrative tasks, and reduce air conditioning and energy bills.
- More Business Flexibility: enables IT to respond quickly to evolving competitive demands by allowing rapid provisioning of application and infrastructure functions from common pools of integrated processor, storage, and network resources. This helps streamline operational processes and enable policy-based control.
- Better Network Resilience: allows IT management to react to breakdowns or attacks by guarding connections, programs, and data with advanced levels of fault tolerance, pervasive security, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT management to improve business service levels by providing secure, fast connectivity to data center-resident applications and data from any place and at any time throughout the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco experts offer a broad range of consulting services that can help companies of all sizes design a Cisco-based infrastructure that will offer your data center a reliable and protected foundation for existing applications and downstream growth. Consulting services feature:
- Designing efficient firewall protection configurations based on PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Deploying and supporting protected Virtual Private Network access for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile users
- Planning, and implementing complete non-stop LAN and Internet connectivity environments in which single point breakdowns do not interrupt operation of the network
- Setting up backup ISPs with transparent failover based on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can guide customers through the complete process of interaction with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allotted, dealing with ISP carriers to prepare their networks, and configuring and checking customer devices.
- Building segmented and protected VLAN architectures to support VMware virtual server deployments
- Architecting, deploying and helping clients to administer 24x7 IPS systems so that attacks can be detected quickly and defeated so they don't disrupt your business
- Designing, setting up, and supporting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can align expressed requirements to the most sensible technology and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Such designs permit transparent and scalable growth, reliability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to create practical network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various 3rd party solutions that allow customers a useful real-time view into the activity of their data center's network
- Setting up and troubleshooting high-end data center class infrastructure appliances including the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 Series switches, Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 family routers.
To find out more details about Progent's professional assistance for Cisco products, pick a subject:
To get in touch with Progent about engineering support for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.