Data centers are the focal point of utilizing IT resources to maximize the business value of an information system. For small businesses, data centers have often grown in a haphazard fashion, creating a situation where processors and storage devices are underutilized, available communications capacity is wasted, collaboration and knowledge sharing is minimal, maintenance demands are high, expansion or reconfiguring is costly, security is patchy, seemingly simple modifications become major hassles, and complete recovery from disastrous breakdowns is almost impossible.
Cisco's latest network products and technologies enable a new generation of data center design that allows continual improvements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and application technologies in a manageable and affordable way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to identify and deploy Cisco's network products to build a robust foundation for your data center and to improve your data center processes in vital areas including:
- Processor and storage efficiency
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory issues
- Disaster recovery
The business advantages that can accrue as a result of using Progent's network experts to streamline your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Assistance for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower TCO: permits IT to significantly reduce acquisition expenses via consolidation and more efficient utilization of formerly separate equipment, slash operational costs by simplifying and automating management jobs, and cut air conditioning and energy costs.
- Greater Business Agility: permits IT management to react dynamically to evolving business conditions by facilitating rapid deployment of application and network functions from shared aggregations of integrated processor, disk, and connectivity technologies. This can streamline administrative processes and support policy-driven control.
- Better Network Resilience: enables IT to defend against disruptions or attacks by protecting connections, applications, and data through the highest degrees of fault tolerance, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT management to optimize network service levels by providing secure, accelerated connectivity to data center-resident applications and data from any location and at any moment throughout the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants offer a wide array of consulting services that can enable companies of all sizes build a Cisco-powered architecture that will offer your data center a stable and protected foundation for current applications and future growth. Consulting services include:
- Building effective firewall security solutions powered by PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Installing and supporting protected Virtual Private Network access for linking data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile users
- Planning, and integrating resilient fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet access systems in which single point breakdowns do not interrupt delivery of services
- Configuring backup Internet providers with transparent transfer based on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can assist clients along the entire path of paperwork with Internet supervisors, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISP carriers to prepare their networks, and configuring and testing customer equipment.
- Building segmented and protected virtual LAN environments to support VMware virtual server deployments
- Architecting, installing and helping clients to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified rapidly and defeated so they don't disrupt productivity
- Planning, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Consulting with clients, Progent can align expressed needs to the best technology and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These designs allow for seamless and convenient growth, dependability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to create efficient network management solutions using SNMP and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various 3rd party solutions that allow network managers a powerful real-time view into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center capable infrastructure appliances such as the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 Series routers.
For additional information concerning Progent's professional support for Cisco technology, select a topic:
To ask Progent about consulting support for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.