Data centers are the key to utilizing information technology assets to optimize the strategic value of a computer network. For small businesses, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard fashion, resulting in a situation where servers and disks are underutilized, usable communications bandwidth is overlooked, collaboration and information sharing is minimal, maintenance demands are high, scaling or repurposing is expensive, protection is poor, seemingly minor modifications turn into major challenges, and full recovery from disastrous failure is virtually undoable.
Cisco's latest networking devices and tools enable a new generation of data center design that allows continual enhancements in server, storage, connectivity topology, and application technologies in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can assist you to select and deploy Cisco's network products to create a solid foundation for your data center and to improve your operations in critical areas including:
- Server and disk efficiency
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory compliance
- Business continuance
The key benefits that can be realized as a result of engaging Progent's network experts to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Expertise for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower total cost of ownership: enables IT management to significantly lower acquisition expenses via integration and more efficient use of formerly isolated network resources, slash maintenance costs through simplifying and automating administrative tasks, and cut HVAC and energy costs.
- More Business Flexibility: enables IT to react dynamically to changing business conditions by allowing fast deployment of application and infrastructure services from shared pools of consolidated processor, storage, and network technologies. This helps streamline operational procedures and support policy-driven management.
- Enhanced Business Resilience: enables IT management to defend against breakdowns or attacks by protecting connections, applications, and information with the highest levels of availability, comprehensive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: enables IT to optimize network service levels by providing secure, accelerated connectivity to data center-hosted applications and data from anywhere and at any moment across the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco experts can provide a wide array of consulting services that can help companies of all sizes create a Cisco-based environment that will give your data center a dependable and secure foundation for current applications and future growth. Professional services include:
- Designing effective firewall protection configurations powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Installing and troubleshooting secure Virtual Private Network connections for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and integrating complete non-stop LAN and Internet access architectures in which single component failures do not interrupt delivery of services
- Setting up multiple ISPs with transparent transfer based on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can guide clients through the complete process of interaction with Internet authorities, having ASN numbers and IP addresses allocated, dealing with ISP carriers to prepare their environments, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN architectures to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Architecting, installing and assisting customers to administer 24x7 IPS systems so that assaults can be detected quickly and remediated before they impact your business
- Designing, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with clients, Progent can match expressed needs to the appropriate technology and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing designs allow for transparent and convenient growth, dependability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to plan practical network management strategies using Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor solutions that allow network managers a useful real-time view into the activity of their data center's network
- Setting up and supporting advanced data center class infrastructure appliances including the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 Series switches, Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 family routers.
To see additional details about Progent's professional assistance for Cisco technology, select a subject:
To get in touch with Progent about professional help for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.