Data centers are the key to leveraging IT resources to maximize the business value of an IT network. For small companies, data centers have often grown in a piecemeal manner, resulting in a situation where processors and disks are deployed inefficiently, usable communications bandwidth is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, support requirements are high, expansion or reconfiguring is expensive, protection is poor, nominally simple changes become giant hassles, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns is virtually undoable.
Cisco's most recent networking devices and tools enable a new model of data center architecture that allows continual enhancements in server, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a maintainable and cost-effective way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to select and implement Cisco's connectivity products to build a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your operations in vital areas such as:
- Server and storage utilization
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory issues
- Business continuance
The important benefits that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's network experts to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced costs: permits IT management to substantially lower capital costs via consolidation and higher use of previously separate equipment, lower operational costs through simplifying and automating management tasks, and cut HVAC and energy bills.
- More Business Agility: enables IT to react quickly to evolving competitive conditions by allowing rapid provisioning of application and infrastructure services from common pools of integrated processor, storage, and connectivity resources. This can improve administrative processes and support policy-driven management.
- Enhanced Network Resilience: allows IT to respond to breakdowns or attacks by safeguarding infrastructure, applications, and information with advanced levels of fault tolerance, comprehensive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: allows IT management to improve business service levels by providing safe, fast access to data center-resident applications and information from anywhere and at any time across the organization.
Progent's network consultants can provide a broad range of consulting services that can help businesses of any size create a Cisco-powered architecture that will give your data center a stable and secure basis for existing applications and downstream growth. Progent's consulting services include:
- Building efficient firewall security configurations based on PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Installing and troubleshooting secure Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile users
- Designing, and implementing resilient non-stop switching, routing, and Internet access systems so that single component failures do not disrupt availability of services
- Setting up backup ISPs with seamless failover using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can assist customers through the complete chain of paperwork with Internet supervisors, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, working with ISP carriers to prepare their networks, and deploying and testing customer equipment.
- Building segmented and secure VLAN architectures to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Architecting, installing and helping clients to manage 24x7 IPS systems so that assaults can be detected rapidly and defeated before they disrupt your business
- Designing, configuring, and supporting load balancing solutions. Consulting with customers, Progent can map customer needs to the best technology and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing designs permit transparent and convenient expansion, dependability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can design effective network management strategies using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various 3rd party solutions that present customers a powerful look into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and supporting high-end data center class routers and switches such as the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 switches, Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 Series routers.
To learn additional information about Progent's professional support for Cisco solutions, select a subject:
In order to get in touch with Progent about professional assistance for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.