Data centers are the key to leveraging information technology assets to optimize the strategic value of an information system. For small businesses, data centers have typically grown in a haphazard manner, resulting in a state where servers and disks are deployed inefficiently, usable communications bandwidth is wasted, teamwork and knowledge sharing is limited, support requirements are excessive, expansion or repurposing is expensive, protection is patchy, seemingly minor modifications become giant challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure is almost impossible.
Cisco's latest connectivity products and tools support a new model of data center design that allows continual enhancements in server, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a manageable and affordable way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can assist you to identify and deploy Cisco's connectivity technology to create a solid foundation for your data center and to improve your operations in vital areas including:
- Processor and disk utilization
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory issues
- Disaster recovery
The key benefits that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's network consultants to enhance your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Assistance for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower ownership cost: enables IT to substantially cut acquisition expenses through integration and higher use of previously isolated equipment, lower maintenance expenses through simplifying and automating administrative tasks, and reduce air conditioning and energy bills.
- More Business Agility: permits IT management to respond quickly to evolving competitive conditions by allowing fast deployment of application and infrastructure services from shared aggregations of consolidated server, disk, and network technologies. This helps streamline operational processes and support policy-driven control.
- Better Network Resilience: enables IT management to react to breakdowns or attacks by safeguarding connections, applications, and data through the highest degrees of availability, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT to optimize network service levels by providing safe, accelerated connectivity to data center-resident applications and data from any place and at any moment throughout the organization.
Progent's network experts can provide a wide array of consulting services that can help companies of any size build a Cisco-based infrastructure that will offer your data center a reliable and protected basis for current applications and downstream growth. Consulting services feature:
- Building effective firewall protection configurations using Cisco PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Installing and troubleshooting secure VPN connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing complete non-stop switching, routing, and Internet access environments in which single component failures do not interrupt operation of the network
- Configuring multiple Internet providers with transparent failover based on Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can guide customers along the complete process of interaction with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISP carriers to set up their environments, and deploying and testing customer equipment.
- Building segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN environments to compliment VMware virtual server deployments
- Architecting, deploying and assisting clients to manage 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified rapidly and defeated before they disrupt productivity
- Planning, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with customers, Progent can align expressed needs to the best solutions and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Such designs permit transparent and scalable growth, reliability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can plan affordable network management solutions using SNMP and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various 3rd party solutions that allow network managers a powerful real-time view into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and troubleshooting high-end data center capable infrastructure appliances including the Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 family switches, Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 family routers.
To learn more information concerning Progent's engineering help for Cisco technology, select a subject:
If you wish to contact Progent about consulting expertise for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.