Data centers are the key to utilizing IT assets to optimize the business value of an information system. For small businesses, data centers have often grown in a piecemeal fashion, creating a situation where processors and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, available communications bandwidth is wasted, collaboration and knowledge sharing is minimal, support requirements are excessive, scaling or repurposing is expensive, security is patchy, seemingly minor changes turn into giant hassles, and complete recovery from catastrophic breakdowns becomes virtually undoable.
Cisco's most recent network appliances and tools support a new model of data center design that allows ongoing enhancements in processor, storage, connectivity topology, and applications in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's engineers can assist you to select and implement Cisco's network products to build a solid foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in vital areas including:
- Server and storage utilization
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Business continuance
The important advantages that can accrue from engaging Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to streamline your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced TCO: enables IT to significantly cut acquisition expenses through consolidation and more efficient use of formerly isolated network resources, slash operational expenses through simplifying and automating administrative tasks, and cut cooling and power bills.
- More Business Agility: permits IT management to respond quickly to evolving business demands by allowing rapid provisioning of application and infrastructure functions from common pools of integrated server, storage, and connectivity resources. This helps improve operational processes and support policy-driven control.
- Better Network Robustness: enables IT management to respond to disruptions or attacks by protecting infrastructure, applications, and information with the highest degrees of availability, pervasive security, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: enables IT management to improve business service levels by providing secure, accelerated connectivity to data center-resident applications and information from any location and at any moment throughout the organization.
Progent's network consultants offer a wide range of services that can enable organizations of any size implement a Cisco-based architecture that will give your data center a dependable and protected basis for existing applications and downstream growth. Professional services include:
- Designing efficient firewall security solutions based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Installing and supporting protected VPN connections for linking data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile users
- Designing, and integrating complete non-stop LAN and Internet connectivity architectures in which single component breakdowns do not interrupt availability of services
- Setting up multiple Internet providers with seamless transfer based on BGP protocols. Progent can assist clients through the entire chain of interaction with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allotted, dealing with ISP carriers to set up their systems, and configuring and checking customer equipment.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN architectures to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Architecting, installing and assisting customers to manage proactive IPS systems so that attacks can be identified quickly and remediated so they don't disrupt your business
- Planning, configuring, and supporting load balancing systems. Working with customers, Progent can map customer needs to the appropriate technology and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing designs allow for seamless and convenient expansion, reliability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to design efficient network management strategies based on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of 3rd party solutions that allow network managers a useful look into the health of their data center's network
- Configuring and troubleshooting high-end data center capable infrastructure appliances including the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 switches, Cisco Nexus 6000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 family routers.
To see more information concerning Progent's professional support for Cisco products, pick a subject:
In order to contact Progent about technical support for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.