Data centers are the focal point of leveraging information technology assets to maximize the business value of an information system. For small organizations, data centers have often evolved in a piecemeal fashion, resulting in a situation where processors and disks are underutilized, usable communications bandwidth is wasted, collaboration and knowledge sharing is limited, support requirements are excessive, scaling or reconfiguring is expensive, protection is patchy, seemingly minor changes turn into giant challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic breakdowns becomes almost impossible.
Cisco's most recent connectivity products and technologies support a new model of data center architecture that permits continual enhancements in server, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and application technologies in a manageable and affordable way. Progent's consultants can help you to select and implement Cisco's connectivity technology to build a solid basis for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in vital areas such as:
- Processor and storage efficiency
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory issues
- Business continuance
The key advantages that can accrue from engaging Progent's Cisco-certified experts to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower total cost of ownership: permits IT to substantially reduce acquisition expenses via integration and higher use of previously isolated equipment, slash operational costs by simplifying and automating administrative tasks, and cut air conditioning and power bills.
- Greater Business Agility: enables IT to respond quickly to changing business conditions by facilitating fast deployment of application and network functions from shared aggregations of consolidated server, disk, and connectivity technologies. This can improve administrative processes and support policy-based control.
- Enhanced Network Robustness: allows IT management to defend against disruptions or intrusions by safeguarding connections, applications, and information through the highest levels of fault tolerance, pervasive protection, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT to improve network service levels by providing safe, accelerated access to data center-resident applications and data from any place and at any moment across the organization.
Progent's network consultants can provide a broad array of services that can enable businesses of any size create a Cisco-powered architecture that will offer your data center a stable and secure foundation for current applications and downstream growth. Progent's consulting services include:
- Building efficient firewall security configurations based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Deploying and troubleshooting protected Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing complete non-stop LAN and Internet connectivity systems so that single point breakdowns do not disrupt operation of the network
- Setting up backup Internet providers with transparent failover using BGP protocols. Progent can guide clients along the entire path of interaction with Internet authorities, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allocated, dealing with Internet Service Providers to prepare their networks, and deploying and checking client equipment.
- Building segmented and protected VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Designing, installing and helping clients to manage proactive intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be detected quickly and remediated so they don't disrupt your business
- Designing, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with customers, Progent can align expressed requirements to the most cost-effective technology and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. Such solutions allow for seamless and convenient expansion, dependability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to plan affordable network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various 3rd party solutions that present customers a useful look into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and troubleshooting high-end data center capable infrastructure appliances such as the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 family routers.
For more details concerning Progent's consulting help for Cisco networking products, pick a topic:
To contact Progent about consulting expertise for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.