Data centers are the focal point of leveraging IT resources to maximize the competitive value of an IT network. For small businesses, data centers have often evolved in a piecemeal fashion, resulting in a state where servers and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, available communications capacity is wasted, collaboration and information sharing is minimal, support requirements are excessive, scaling or reconfiguring is costly, security is poor, seemingly minor modifications turn into major hassles, and full recovery from catastrophic failure becomes almost impossible.
Cisco's latest network appliances and tools support a new model of data center architecture that permits ongoing improvements in processor, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and applications in a manageable and economical way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can assist you to select and implement Cisco's connectivity solutions to create a solid foundation for your data center and to improve your data center operations in vital areas such as:
- Server and storage efficiency
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The key advantages that can be realized from using Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to streamline your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced TCO: enables IT management to significantly cut acquisition expenses via integration and more efficient use of previously isolated network resources, lower operational expenses through streamlining and automating administrative tasks, and reduce HVAC and power bills.
- More Business Agility: permits IT to react quickly to changing competitive conditions by facilitating rapid deployment of application and infrastructure functions from common aggregations of integrated processor, storage, and connectivity technologies. This helps streamline operational procedures and support policy-based control.
- Enhanced Business Robustness: allows IT to defend against disruptions or attacks by safeguarding infrastructure, applications, and information with the highest degrees of availability, pervasive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT to improve network service levels by providing secure, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and information from any location and at any time across the enterprise.
Progent's network experts offer a broad range of services that can enable businesses of all sizes build a Cisco-powered environment that will offer your data center a dependable and secure foundation for current applications and future growth. Professional services include:
- Designing efficient firewall protection configurations based on PIX and ASA firewall appliances
- Deploying and supporting protected VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing complete non-stop switching, routing, and Internet access environments in which single component breakdowns do not interrupt operation of the network
- Setting up multiple Internet providers with transparent failover using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can guide clients through the complete process of paperwork with Internet authorities, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allotted, working with ISP carriers to set up their networks, and deploying and checking customer devices.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN environments to support VMware virtual server deployments
- Planning, deploying and assisting clients to manage 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified quickly and defeated so they don't disrupt productivity
- Planning, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Working with customers, Progent can map expressed needs to the most cost-effective solutions and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Such solutions permit transparent and convenient expansion, reliability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to design effective network management solutions using SNMP and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor solutions that offer customers a useful look into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and supporting high-end data center class infrastructure appliances such as the Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 family switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 Series routers.
For more details concerning Progent's professional support for Cisco technology, choose a topic:
To contact Progent about technical assistance for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.