Cisco's security technologies for small to mid-sized businesses offer a comprehensive range of easy-to-manage security hardware and software to enable you to safeguard your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's rich product line of protection and Virtual Private Network technologies includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's expert consulting staff includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your organization to select and deploy VPN and protection technologies that work optimally with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers multiple options for configuring a Virtual Private Network solution, allowing you to select the approach that best aligns with your business requirements. You can set up both remote access and site-to-site VPNs with IOS Software, through software and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) hardware encryption boards, or with physical appliances, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN solutions are simple to integrate and manage and provide the flexibility to grow with future business requirements.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco offers a full line of products designed for preventing stealing information, virus and worm infections, Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and other dangers to your network. Categories and products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for configuring and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch based: Identity-focused features designed into Cisco switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network features designed into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated hardware or software device to permit or block access to the infrastructure or applications
- Cisco Router based: Firewall capability integrated into routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for finding attacks internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or program for detecting, mitigating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a firewall to sense and report attacks at the network perimeter
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Cisco switch to find and report penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a switch to find and report penetrations at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- ACS utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized access control framework for user authentication, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Consultants Can Assist Your Company with Cisco Security Products
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or certified CCNP to help you to choose, deploy, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can show you how to build protection into your business operations. Progent can assist you to develop a written security plan to establish clear policies, deploy monitoring and tracking utilities, create and install a secure network architecture that includes products from a variety of network companies, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront TMG configuration help, and advise you about steps to maximize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you configure a firewall, set up secure remote connectivity to email and corporate data, and implement or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
Integration of Cisco and Third-party Security Technology
Progent offers expertise in firewall and VPN products from all major vendors and can help you integrate Cisco technology with additional security solutions to help you build a cost-effective network infrastructure that provides a level of security and flexibility appropriate for your business. Third-party firewall and VPN support services available from Progent include:
For more information concerning Progent's professional support for Cisco networking products, choose a subject:
In order to get in touch with Progent about engineering assistance for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.