Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) provide a comprehensive set of easy-to-manage security hardware and software to allow you to secure your entire network environment. Cisco's extensive product line of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions includes routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can assist your organization to select and integrate VPN and security technologies that work best with your business.
Cisco provides several options for implementing a VPN system, so you can select the option that most closely aligns with your operational needs. You can install both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, with utilities and AIM hardware encryption cards, or with hardware devices, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted VPN server for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN approaches are simple to deploy and administer and provide the versatility to evolve along with changing operational needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco offers a full catalog of products designed for preventing stealing data, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service assaults, and other threats to your system. Categories and products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for setting up and managing VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-focused features integrated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router controlled: VPN support built into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated hardware or software device to permit or block connectivity to the network or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall features incorporated into routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or program for uncovering intrusions inside the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for detecting, mitigating, and reporting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Cisco firewall to sense and report intrusions at the network perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability within a Catalyst switch to sense and report attacks at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector built into a switch to sense and document attacks at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- ACS using RADIUS and TACACS: Centrally provisioned user access management mechanism for authentication, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Company with Cisco Security Products
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to choose, deploy, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can advise you about how to design protection into your company's operations. Progent can assist you to create a documented security strategy to establish clear policies, install scanning and tracking software, design and install a secure connectivity infrastructure that incorporates technology from a variety of vendors, offer Microsoft ISA 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and advise you about steps to optimize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise is available to help you configure a firewall, design secure remote access to messaging and corporate information, and install or repair VPNs.
Integration of Cisco and Third-party Security Technology
Progent offers expertise in firewall and VPN products from all major vendors and can help you integrate Cisco technology with additional security solutions to help you build a cost-effective network infrastructure that provides a level of security and flexibility appropriate for your business. Third-party firewall and VPN support services available from Progent include:
To learn more details about Progent's engineering support for Cisco networking products, select a topic:
To ask Progent about professional expertise for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.