Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to medium size companies provide a complete range of easy-to-manage security products and technologies to allow you to protect your wired and wireless network environment. Cisco's extensive product line of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies features routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting staff includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE certification who can help your company to choose and integrate Virtual Private Network and security technologies that align optimally with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco provides several options for implementing a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can choose the option that most closely fits your business needs. You can set up both remote access and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) encryption boards, or with physical units, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN solutions are easy to integrate and manage and offer the flexibility to evolve along with your changing business needs.
Components Included in Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of products aimed at stopping data theft, virus and worm outbreaks, DDoS assaults, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and products include:
- VPN device (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for setting up and administering VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switch based: Identity-focused functions built into Cisco switches
- Router based: Virtual Private Network capability incorporated into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated silicon or software device to permit or block connectivity to the infrastructure or applications
- Cisco Router based: Firewall features incorporated into routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for uncovering penetrations inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for uncovering, mitigating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensor within a Cisco firewall to detect and document intrusions at the system public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor within a switch to find and document attacks at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Detector within a switch to find and report penetrations at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized access management mechanism for user validation, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism for device configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Business with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or certified CCNP to assist you to select, deploy, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security professionals can show you how to design protection into your company's operations. Progent can help you to create a documented security plan to establish precise security policies, deploy scanning and auditing software, create and install a protected connectivity infrastructure that includes products from diverse network companies, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support and
Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and advise you about steps to maximize the safety of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote and mobile access to email and business data, and install or repair Virtual Private Networks.
To find out more details about Progent's engineering support for Cisco technology, choose a subject:
If you wish to ask Progent about engineering help for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.