Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) offer a complete set of easy-to-manage network protection products and technologies to allow you to safeguard your entire network environment. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies includes routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN concentrators. Progent's expert support engineers includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your company to choose and integrate VPN and protection solutions that work optimally with your business.
Cisco offers several alternatives for implementing a Virtual Private Network solution, allowing you to select the approach that best fits your business requirements. You can set up both remote connectivity and site-to-site VPNs with IOS Software, through utilities and AIM hardware encryption cards, or with physical devices, such as a VPN concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to deploy and manage and offer the versatility to evolve with changing business requirements.
Products Associated with Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco has a comprehensive catalog of security offerings aimed at preventing stealing data, virus and worm outbreaks, DDoS assaults, and other threats to your system. Categories and security products include:
- VPN device (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for setting up and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-based features designed into switches
- Router based: VPN capability integrated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated hardware or software mechanism to allow or deny access to the network or processes
- Router controlled: Firewall functions incorporated into routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for detecting intrusions internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for finding, mitigating, and reporting attacks on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector built into a firewall to find and report penetrations at the network public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector incorporated into a Catalyst switch to detect and document penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector built into a switch to find and report attacks at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Access Control Server utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized user access management framework for authentication, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism to provision device configuration and policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Products
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional to assist you to choose, deploy, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can show you how to build protection into your company's processes. Progent can assist you to produce a written security strategy to establish clear security policies, install scanning and auditing utilities, create and install a secure connectivity infrastructure that includes products from diverse network companies, offer MS ISA 2006 Server consulting and
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and recommend procedures to maximize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting can help you implement a firewall, set up secure remote and mobile connectivity to email and corporate data, and install or repair Virtual Private Networks.
To see more information concerning Progent's engineering expertise for Cisco solutions, select a topic:
In order to contact Progent about consulting expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.