Cisco's security solutions for small to medium size businesses offer a complete set of easy-to-manage security hardware and software to enable you to protect your entire network environment. Cisco's rich product line of security and VPN solutions features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's seasoned support engineers includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE certification who can assist your organization to select and integrate Virtual Private Network and security solutions that work optimally with your environment.
Cisco provides multiple options for implementing a VPN solution, so you can select the approach that most closely fits your operational requirements. You can install both remote connectivity and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, through software and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) hardware encryption boards, or with physical units, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to deploy and manage and provide the versatility to grow along with future business requirements.
Components Included in Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco offers a full catalog of security offerings aimed at stopping data theft, virus and worm infections, Denial of Service assaults, and other threats to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for setting up and managing VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-based functions designed into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router based: VPN functionality built into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated silicon or software mechanism to allow or block access to the network or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall functions incorporated into routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for uncovering intrusions within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for uncovering, remediating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector built into a Cisco firewall to sense and document intrusions at the network public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector built into a Cisco switch to detect and report attacks at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability built into a switch to sense and document attacks at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central access control mechanism for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism for device configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and IPS
How Progent's Consultants Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Products
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional to help you to choose, integrate, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security specialists can advise you about how to build security into your company's processes. Progent can help you to create a documented security plan to establish precise security policies, deploy scanning and tracking utilities, create and implement a protected connectivity infrastructure that incorporates products from a variety of network companies, provide MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting and
Forefront TMG 2010 integration, and recommend procedures to maximize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting is available to help you configure a firewall, set up secure remote and mobile access to messaging and business information, and install or repair Virtual Private Networks.
For more information concerning Progent's consulting assistance for Cisco products, select a topic:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about consulting help for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.