Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) provide a comprehensive range of manageable network protection devices and utilities to help you to protect your entire network environment. Cisco's rich catalog of security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions features routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's expert support engineers includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can assist your organization to choose and integrate VPN and protection technologies that work best with your business.
Cisco provides several alternatives for implementing a Virtual Private Network solution, allowing you to select the option that best aligns with your operational needs. You can set up both remote access and site-to-site VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, through utilities and AIM hardware encryption boards, or with physical devices, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN solutions are simple to integrate and manage and offer the versatility to grow along with your changing business requirements.
Components Included in Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco offers a comprehensive line of products aimed at preventing information theft, virus and worm infections, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for setting up and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused features incorporated into switches
- Router controlled: VPN capability designed into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated hardware or software mechanism to allow or block access to the infrastructure or applications
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall features built into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for detecting penetrations inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for uncovering, mitigating, and reporting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Detector built into a Cisco firewall to find and document intrusions at the network perimeter
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensor within a switch to detect and document penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability within a switch to detect and document attacks at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- ACS using RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized user access management framework for user validation, authorization, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism for device configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Company with Cisco Security Products
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to select, deploy, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can show you how to design protection into your company's processes. Progent can help you to create a written security strategy to define precise security policies, install scanning and tracking software, design and implement a secure connectivity architecture that incorporates products from a variety of network companies, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront TMG configuration help, and advise you about procedures to optimize the safety of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, design secure remote and mobile connectivity to email and corporate information, and implement or repair VPNs.
To find out more details about Progent's professional assistance for Cisco networking products, select a subject:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about professional support for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.