Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) provide a comprehensive range of easy-to-manage security products and technologies to enable you to protect your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive catalog of security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN concentrators. Progent's seasoned support engineers includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can help your organization to choose and deploy VPN and protection solutions that work best with your environment.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco provides multiple alternatives for implementing a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can select the approach that best aligns with your business requirements. You can set up both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, through software and AIM encryption cards, or with physical units, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or devoted Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are easy to integrate and manage and provide the flexibility to grow along with future operational needs.
Products Included in Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco has a full line of products aimed at preventing data theft, virus and worm infections, DDoS assaults, and other dangers to your system. Categories and security products include:
- VPN device (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for configuring and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-based features designed into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network features designed into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated silicon or software mechanism to allow or block connectivity to the network or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall capability built into Cisco routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or program for finding attacks inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for uncovering, remediating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Cisco firewall to sense and report penetrations at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor built into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to detect and report intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability within a switch to detect and document penetrations at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- ACS using RADIUS and TACACS: Central user access management framework for authentication, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable solution for configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Consultants Can Help You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to choose, integrate, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security professionals can advise you about how to design protection into your company's operations. Progent can help you to create a documented security strategy to establish clear security policies, deploy scanning and tracking software, design and implement a secure network architecture that incorporates products from a variety of vendors, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server consulting services and
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway configuration help, and advise you about procedures to maximize the protection of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, set up safe remote and mobile access to email and corporate information, and install or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
For additional information about Progent's engineering help for Cisco products, pick a topic:
In order to get in touch with Progent about engineering assistance for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.