Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized companies provide a comprehensive set of easy-to-manage network protection products and technologies to help you to safeguard your wired and wireless connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive catalog of security and VPN solutions includes routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN concentrators. Progent's seasoned support engineers includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE certification who can assist your organization to select and deploy VPN and protection solutions that work optimally with your business.
Cisco provides multiple options for implementing a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can select the option that best aligns with your operational requirements. You can install both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, through utilities and AIM encryption boards, or with hardware devices, such as a VPN concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN processor for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are simple to deploy and manage and offer the flexibility to grow with future operational requirements.
Components Associated with Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of security offerings designed for stopping information theft, virus infections, DDoS assaults, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for configuring and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-based functions incorporated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network features incorporated into routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted silicon or software device to permit or block connectivity to the network or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall capability incorporated into routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or program for finding attacks within the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for finding, remediating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector built into a firewall to detect and document attacks at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor within a Cisco Catalyst Switch to sense and document penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to sense and document penetrations at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized access control mechanism for authentication, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable solution for device configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent Can Assist You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or certified CCNP to help you to select, deploy, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security specialists can show you how to design security into your business operations. Progent can help you to create a documented security plan to define precise security policies, install scanning and tracking software, create and implement a protected connectivity infrastructure that incorporates products from a variety of network companies, provide Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and recommend steps to maximize the protection of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you configure a firewall, set up secure remote and mobile connectivity to messaging and business data, and install or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To see more details about Progent's engineering help for Cisco technology, select a topic:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about professional assistance for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.