Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized companies provide a complete set of easy-to-manage network protection hardware and software to allow you to protect your entire network environment. Cisco's extensive catalog of protection and VPN solutions features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN concentrators. Progent's expert support engineers includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can help your organization to choose and integrate Virtual Private Network and security technologies that work optimally with your environment.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers several options for configuring a VPN solution, so you can select the approach that most closely fits your operational requirements. You can install both remote access and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, with utilities and AIM encryption boards, or with physical devices, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted VPN server for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are easy to integrate and administer and offer the versatility to grow with future operational requirements.
Components Included in Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco offers a full line of products designed for preventing stealing data, virus infections, Denial of Service assaults, and other threats to your network. Classifications and products include:
- VPN device (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software device for configuring and administering VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-based functions incorporated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router based: VPN support incorporated into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated silicon or software device to permit or deny access to the infrastructure or applications
- Cisco Router based: Firewall capability incorporated into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for uncovering penetrations internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for uncovering, mitigating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Detector incorporated into a firewall to find and report attacks at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability built into a Catalyst switch to detect and document penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector incorporated into a switch to sense and report attacks at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS: Central user access management mechanism for authentication, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism to provision device configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Consultants Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Products
Progent can provide a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to choose, deploy, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can advise you about how to build security into your company's operations. Progent can assist you to produce a documented security strategy to define precise policies, deploy monitoring and tracking software, create and implement a secure connectivity infrastructure that incorporates products from diverse vendors, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support and
Forefront Threat Management Gateway configuration help, and recommend procedures to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a firewall, set up safe remote and mobile access to email and corporate data, and install or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To see additional information about Progent's professional expertise for Cisco technology, choose a topic:
In order to contact Progent about consulting help for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.