Cisco's security solutions for small to medium size companies offer a complete set of manageable security devices and utilities to help you to protect your entire connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's extensive product line of security and VPN technologies includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's expert support staff includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can assist your organization to select and integrate Virtual Private Network and protection technologies that align best with your environment.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco provides several options for configuring a VPN solution, so you can choose the approach that most closely fits your operational needs. You can set up both remote connectivity and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, through software and AIM encryption cards, or with hardware devices, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated Virtual Private Network server for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are easy to integrate and administer and offer the versatility to evolve along with changing business requirements.
Products Associated with Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco has a full catalog of security offerings aimed at stopping stealing data, virus outbreaks, DDoS attacks, and other dangers to your system. Categories and products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for setting up and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused features designed into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: VPN features built into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to permit or block connectivity to the infrastructure or applications
- Cisco Router based: Firewall functions built into routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for uncovering intrusions internal to the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for finding, remediating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector within a Cisco firewall to find and report penetrations at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensor incorporated into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to sense and report intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor incorporated into a switch to sense and document penetrations at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central user access management framework for authentication, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable solution for device configuration and security policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Consultants Can Assist Your Company with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can provide a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to select, deploy, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security specialists can show you how to design protection into your company's operations. Progent can help you to produce a documented security plan to establish precise security policies, install scanning and auditing software, create and implement a protected network infrastructure that incorporates products from diverse network companies, provide MS ISA 2006 Server support and
Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and recommend procedures to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you configure a firewall, set up safe remote and mobile connectivity to messaging and corporate data, and install or repair VPNs.
For additional details about Progent's engineering support for Cisco products, select a topic:
To contact Progent about engineering support for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.