Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Colorado Springs company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Colorado Springs, Colorado organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you must manage a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy and current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for setting up routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications may require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the business PBX environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or tune a remote IP voice service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide online configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your current conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that allows at-home workers to view and update aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, see deployment expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-edit files. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for enabling organizations to build, maintain and repair cohesive network architectures that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional help to get you past tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline identity control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A sudden, company-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to monitor or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, add information, and append screenshots or relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service allows you to supplement your current Help Desk organization by sharing delivery of Call Center services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collective support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Telecommuters often run their personal computers and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to design, implement and manage a compliant security solution that protects vital information in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be safely accessed by local users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older firewall appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your processes and policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical information in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage system problems resulting from hardware issues, software glitches, operator error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from consultants familiar with a wide array of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision scenarios that call for a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for safeguarding corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and wipe corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your teleworkers, see Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Colorado Springs, Colorado organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.