Onsite Service Available in San Jose, Santa Clara, Campbell, Saratoga, Los Gatos
Progent's computer consulting services for small companies in the San Jose neighborhood are focused on clients who require quick and affordable assistance for network stability, security, efficiency, manageability, or repair. This brief selection of Progent's consulting services and technical experience will give you an idea of the ways Progent's team can help you to enhance the competitive value of your information system.
- Progent's Cisco Jabber consultants offer remote or onsite expertise to help organizations of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, upgrade or troubleshoot Cisco Jabber solutions and Cisco Unified Communications Manager infrastructure. Progent can provide advanced support for the technologies that make up building a cohesive Jabber collaboration solution such as Cisco network appliances and management tools, Microsoft Office apps, Windows and Mac desktops, iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, SIP interfaces, Wi-Fi networks, security and compliance, cloud integration, immersive telepresence systems, PBX systems, disaster recovery preparedness, and the many other pieces of a modern collaboration ecosystem.
- The Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) credential is a prestigious achievement that represents mastery in IS security audit and control. Accredited by the American National Standards Institute, the CISA credential requires that consultants pass a comprehensive test administered by the ISACA professional group. Progent offers the expertise of a CISA-qualified network security audit consultant trained to assist businesses in the areas of information systems audit services, IT administration, network assets and infrastructure ROI, IT service delivery, protection of information assets, and business continuity preparedness.
- Progent's founder and senior technology officer, Les Kent, was the architect for a Windows network application that earned Microsoft's “Best Application of the Year Award.” Mr. Kent is a 35-year computer industry veteran and has managed the design and deployment of hundreds of innovative business solutions using Microsoft technologies. Mr. Kent founded Progent in order to meet the needs of small businesses who can't justify the high cost of maintaining a large IT organization but who still need information systems with world-class reliability, protection, and responsiveness.
- Microsoft ISA Server and its replacement Forefront Threat Management Gateway are discontinued software solutions that contain an application-layer firewall able to guard systems from external and internal threats. Both products provide in-depth examination of Internet protocols to uncover exploits that routinely evaded traditional firewalls. Microsoft ISA Server 2006 was replaced by Microsoft Forefront TMG, which was based on ISA Server's technology while delivering a number of improved capabilities. Forefront TMG 2010 has subsequently been retired by Microsoft, and the security functions offered by the platform are now typically taken over by dedicated hardware devices from companies such as Cisco, Check Point, Juniper and WatchGuard. (See ASA 5500-X Firewall with Firepower Services integration and management.) Progent provides advanced Forefront TMG maintenance and ISA Server 2006 expertise to help you maintain and troubleshoot your older firewall environment, and Progent can help you to upgrade smoothly to a modern security platform by providing planning, integration, optimization, IT staff training and troubleshooting.
- Progent's easy by-the-minute billing model has no complex contracts, retainers or hidden charges. Many other support companies have minimum billable time or other additional fees that drive up support costs. For remote support during regular business hours, you only pay for the time spent working on your issue. If it only requires ten minutes to resolve your problem, then you are only charged for ten minutes. For advance scheduled on-site service work booked more than twenty-four hours in advance, you pay only for the time when Progent's consultant is actually on-site working on your issues. Just Progent's value priced per-minute rate. For emergency same-day onsite service calls, you may be billed for our consultant's travel time, but not an increased emergency rate. Because Progent has a large pool of consultants located throughout the entire Northern California service territory, an available engineer is typically near to assist. Progent can in addition offer onsite technical support to the majority of zip codes in the U.S. within one business day of receiving a support request. Progent's online support group has provided assistance to small businesses in every state in the U.S (See Progent's nationwide testimonials.)
- Progent's Microsoft-certified Active Directory consultants have deep experience troubleshooting complex Active Directory issues such as replication problems, multi-domain partition configurations, lost Active Directory objects, cleanup of beta application configuration objects in production AD systems, and restoration of failed installations of AD and AD-integrated software. Progent is also proficient in using advanced AD utilities such as ADSIEDIT, DCDIAG and NETDIAG. Progent can also recommend configuration techniques that address important issues such as AD naming standards, hierarchical structure, IT administration structure, use and design of group policy objects, as well as protection and auditing specifications. Progent can also evaluate the impacts of server and service implementations on capability and speed. Progent can assist businesses to plan and roll out configurations of Active Directory Domain Services by providing Windows Server 2012 R2 support services and Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud solutions.
- Progent's CISSP-qualified network security consultants can assist businesses of all sizes with any aspect of information system security. Progent can implement efficient security systems that protect a small business against modern malware attacks or Progent can plan, deploy, and manage an end-to-end security strategy for hybrid networks that accommodate onsite, online, and mobile clients accessing network resources spread over a mix of physical sites and public and private clouds.
- Progent's Microsoft-certified IT consultants can provide Windows Server 2016 migration consulting to help organizations of all sizes to design and carry out an efficient upgrade to Windows Server 2016 and Windows Hyper-V 2016 using a local, cloud-centric, or hybrid deployment model. Progent can help your company to evaluate the business value of Windows Server 2016 for your environment and can help you with any facet of planning, deploying, administering or debugging your Windows Server 2016 and Windows Hyper-V 2016 solution. Progent can assist you to take advantage of the many innovative high-availability and information assurance capabilities of Windows Server 2016 and Hyper-V 2016 like Windows Containers for isolating applications, Shielded Virtual Machines to protect against compromised administrators, Credential Guard, Just In Time (JIT) Privileged Access Management, VM software load, Storage Replica for zero-data-loss disaster recovery, plus workgroup and multi-domain failover clusters.
- Features of Progent's Information Technology outsourcing packages include system assessment to ensure that your network meets industry levels of security and online access, 24x7 network monitoring based on Operations Manager to anticipate issues before they impact your organization, optional Contact Center Services from Progent's consulting experts, security auditing to help protect your information network from hackers and viruses, addition of Service Packs and security patches for servers and applications, discounts on Progent’s remote and on-site support services, and access to Progent’s team of Microsoft-certified network experts and technicians.
- Progent's data loss prevention experts and data leakage protection specialists can assist you to configure Progent's ProSight Email Guard Security Gateway to use your content policies for monitoring the content of outbound email messages and attachments and preventing the transmission of sensitive or unauthorized information or spam. ProSight Email Guard's email content filtering technology can also help organizations avoid reputation loss and keep in compliance with industry privacy standards and regulatory mandates like HIPPA, Sarbanes-Oxley and PCI DSS. Read about the entire ProSight portfolio of low-cost network monitoring and management services for small and mid-size businesses
If your small business is in San Jose or anywhere in the Silicon
and you are in need of technical assistance, information technology outsourcing, or advanced expertise from a Progent professional,
call 408-240-9400 or visit Contact Progent.