Expanding your remote workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Fresno company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Fresno, California businesses to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for setting up home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Mission-critical processes might require redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting ISPs, selecting sensible service bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the business phone environment to accommodate remote users is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a remote VoIP environment that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online deployment and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based access to data, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that allows remote workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, see integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for helping organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network models that include physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy remote access to consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to guide you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help your business to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist you to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, company-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from service requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or update their active trouble tickets, enter details, and append screen captures and relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your existing Help Desk Call Center team by splitting delivery of Help Desk support services transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Teleworkers often use their own computers and work in an unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and demands careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist you to design, deploy and manage a compliant security solution that safeguards critical data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices used by telecommuters and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect new threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your procedures and policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital data so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision circumstances that call for a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can help you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for safeguarding critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Fresno, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.