Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Miami organization to select the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Miami, Florida businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for setting up routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical applications might require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking ISPs, selecting appropriate service packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate phone environment to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or tune a remote IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that enables at-home workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for enabling businesses to build, maintain and optimize integrated network models that incorporate physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to guide you past challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide transition to a from-home business model, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote technical support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from help requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or edit their active tickets, add information, and append screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex problems. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to expand your current Help Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk support transparently between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a collective support model utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide world-class technical support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help you to plan, deploy and manage a compliant security environment that guards sensitive information in networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and control different access rights to different groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and older security appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers used by remote workers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by data security experts with top certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your IT architecture to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage problems due to hardware issues, software glitches, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from consultants familiar with a wide array of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision scenarios that require a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can help your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for protecting critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Miami, Florida organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.