Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Sydney
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting the processes required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Sydney business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps you to assess the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes like business continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and calls for close interaction with the teams responsible for file cleanup and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for changes.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all potentially affected devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to protect backups.
- Capture forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so your data restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey every machine and data store on the system including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to identify any possible sideways movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive incident documentation to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Sydney
To learn more about how Progent can help your Sydney organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.